I have had my bb for a couple of weeks now. Today is the first time I tried to video something.

It records video just fine. Acts completely normal with no errors.

However, when I go to watch video that I have just recorded it tells me that the "media being played is of an unsupported format".

It's a video that I JUST recorded! How can it be in the wrong format???

Is it my Curve or am I just missing something?

THANKS!
    08-21-08 02:30 PM
    did you try a battery pull.. and are you saving them to the memory card?
    08-21-08 02:37 PM
    and welcome to CB!!!
    08-21-08 02:38 PM
    Yes to both. I am saving to a memory card. (Which I've had no problems with pictures or music on). And I tried a battery pull just now. Still the same issue.
    08-21-08 02:57 PM
    do your settings look like this?
    08-21-08 03:03 PM
    Yes. Exactly. The only difference is mine says 240 x 176 instead of 240 x 180. Everything else is the same.
    08-21-08 03:17 PM
    Could very well be corrupted software with the OS. Might want to try a hard reset (Wipe Handheld) to see if that resolves it. Also, before you do that, check your software on the phone (Options --> About) 4.3.X.XXX.
    If you're using a Verizon Wireless Curve, the current "released" software is 4.3.0.127 from our website vzam.net/blackberry
    If you have this or high, then just Wipe Handheld, make sure to backup your data prior to doing it. If you need to update the OS, then download that package from the website and install after you have installed the Blackberry desktop manager. Then you plug in your phone and it will pop up and say there is an update available. Choose update and it will perform the backup for you AND update your device.
    Hopefully at least wiping your handheld will fix the issue.
    08-21-08 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD