Sorry I know there are MANY threads asking about upgrading the software versions. I'm just wondering if there is a necessity to upgrade to the latest versions (i.e. v4.5) or if my current software version will continue to be just fine and support my day to day needs for using my BB (phone, calendar, e-mail, etc). I would like to upgrade to the latest version but am looking for specific step by step instructions on what to do to avoid loss of data and completely wiping my entire phones contents.

Any information someone can provide or send me I would appreciate. SO far this forum has been a great source of knowledge.
    01-04-09 06:23 PM
    Depends if you want some of the fixes, html email, GPS for BBMaps, and docs to go.
    01-04-09 06:25 PM
    4.5 now has documents2go, which will allow you to view and edit word docs, spreadsheets and ppts. Also you can now view HTML enabled emails. Those are the biggest improvements from 4.3 to 4.5. I have also found my battery life to be a little bit better than it was before on 4.3.
    01-04-09 06:27 PM
    Depends if you want some of the fixes, html email, GPS for BBMaps, and docs to go.
    Was GPS enabled for 4.5 only? I thought it was working on 4.3 as well.
    01-04-09 06:27 PM
    not unlocked on 4.3
    01-04-09 06:28 PM
    Good to know, thank you.
    01-04-09 06:30 PM
    again only unlocked for VZNAV and BBMAPS for the curve, on 4.5
    01-04-09 06:31 PM
    WOW< those were quick responses. So now the big question. If I should opt to update to 4.5 latest software are there links to step by step directions how I can do this and be safe without screwing up my phone. Using it for work, its important I do not mess something up.

I am fairly computer literate, but the BB is fairly new for me and updating its software. I think I would like to if the directions are clear and easy.

Thanks,
    01-04-09 06:35 PM
    Will it fix any Bluetooth issues? I can pair to a device but it wont transfer anything and it dropd the connection after pairing. Trying to transfer address book from LG Rumor to 8330
    01-15-09 11:50 PM
    Will it fix any Bluetooth issues? I can pair to a device but it wont transfer anything and it dropd the connection after pairing. Trying to transfer address book from LG Rumor to 8330
    Dude, they are on OS 4.5.0.119 already...
    01-15-09 11:56 PM
    WOW< those were quick responses. So now the big question. If I should opt to update to 4.5 latest software are there links to step by step directions how I can do this and be safe without screwing up my phone. Using it for work, its important I do not mess something up.

I am fairly computer literate, but the BB is fairly new for me and updating its software. I think I would like to if the directions are clear and easy.

Thanks,
    Read this thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ and the sticky tread for your specific device at the top of the forum.
    01-16-09 06:32 AM
    Does anyone know how to transfer the contacts from a lg rumor to a curve 8330?
    Thanks=
    Robert
    10-26-09 02:08 PM
    Posting this in a 10 month old thread???

Your carrier should be able to transfer your contacts over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD