Hello all -- I just moved to the 8330 model. with my early berry (the 8310 i think) when I typed a text message with more letters that one message allowed, it would automatically open up a new message and keep doing so --sending as many as needed. the 8330 doesn't do that, and I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do that. hope this question makes sense. any help appreciated.

thanks.

tresa
    12-04-08 05:43 PM
    That's a GSM thing. You're on CDMA now, sorry, better get used to no MMS too.
    12-04-08 05:46 PM
    thanks much. I assume this is because i switched from att to sprint. i am thinking i have made a mistake.
    12-04-08 05:59 PM
    I'm thinking you have as well.
    12-04-08 06:02 PM
    We have MMS on Verizon, though SMS is capped at 160 characters and it won't automatically start a new one.
    12-04-08 09:36 PM
    SMS - 160
    MMS - 1000
    BBM - unlimited
    12-04-08 09:38 PM
    EMS is what you were referring to with more than 1 page of 160 characters of text. I recently emailed Verizon a few times about it, as my envy I had through them supported EMS, and this was what the response was:
    Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Data Technical Support department through our website. We are sorry to learn that you are unable to send messages with over 160 characters. We are pleased to assist you.

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Due to an extremely high volume of customer e-mail inquiries, the response time has been longer than expected.

We do apologize; the Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Curve does not support the Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS). We understand it can be frustrating to be unable to use the Enhanced Messaging Service that you were used to when using the enV. Verizon Wireless is always looking for ways to enhance feature to better meet the needs of our customers. Your comments have been forwarded to our Marketing department for review and consideration. Your feedback provides us with the perfect opportunity to hear exactly what you think, and often leads to improvements you will see in the future. Verizon Wireless apologizes for any inconvenience incurred as a result of our product's current functionality.

We would like to assure you that we are committed to providing the very latest in products and services. For that reason, we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence. Doing so allows us to confidently address information regarding products or services that we currently offer. Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met. At this time, we are unable to state if/when a new software update for the BlackBerry Curve that supports the Enhanced Messaging Service will become available as no information has been given. We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration this issue may cause. We would also like to take this opportunity to encourage you to sign up for email updates so you can receive information regarding our new products and services. To do so, please click on "Sign up for email updates" from the "Support" tab located at the top of our Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless homepage.
    12-04-08 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD