The title says it all. I have no idea why its doing this but all I know is I've missed a few important phone calls do to this and its frustrating. I would like to know if there a fix for this? I've plugged and unplugged my headphones half to death trying to fix it but no luck .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 01:41 PM
    Does speakerphone work? Have you teied a battery pull yet? How about a Diagnostic Test?

08-01-10 02:01 PM
    Try a battery pull with the phone turned on. If that doesnt work>
    Read this link:
    headset mode - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    08-01-10 02:02 PM
    Yes, speaker phone works, I've done a bunch of battery pulls and no luck, I don't know how to do the diagnostic test.

08-01-10 02:05 PM
    From you home screen, Menu/Options/Mobile Network/Menu, select Diagnostics Test. It should find a hard ware problem if it's not software related.

08-01-10 02:18 PM
    @CyberWarrior, I tried what they had in the link you posted but no luck.

@Albee, I did that and it didn't say anything about a hardware failure.

08-01-10 02:44 PM
    Did it test all your hardware? If not try Menu/Options/Status, then type, t-e-s-t.
    Better yet, can you restore from a previous backup before the problem started?
    08-01-10 02:48 PM
    Or worst case scenario your headphone jack is toast.

08-01-10 02:52 PM
    Albee, I did the headset test only and couldn't even do the first one because it's not detecting any click or unclick. But when I play music without the headphones it detects clicks and unclicks?

08-01-10 03:18 PM
    Play some music with the headphones plugged in, while it's playing through the headphones press the speaker button. Or I think you can also press menu and select speaker while it's playing. Last I would try to restore it from a backup created before the problem. If it still persists it's a good bet your jack is the culprit.

08-01-10 03:28 PM
    Did you read the link I posted for you. It will help you with your problem. You could have probably solved your problem an hour ago.
    08-01-10 03:32 PM
    Cyber Warrior, I posted earlier that I did what was posted in the link you put and it didn't work (maybe I need to try harder and thanks) . I forgot to mention that I already knew about pressing the bbkey to enable the handset manually I was just looking for a way for me to never have to do this again.

08-01-10 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD