I have a curve for a company phone and think that it is a great business device. My company is switching to Verison and I have the chance to switch to the Storm. My question is for you business people out there that have used both phones. Which would you say work best in this inviroment. I'm not interested in multimedia or music. Just e-mail calender task memos documents etc. I need a stable platform that does not need alot of maintainance. There will be 8 of us with the option to switch so reliability is very important.
    03-28-09 07:01 PM
    I have a curve for a company phone and think that it is a great business device. My company is switching to Verison and I have the chance to switch to the Storm. My question is for you business people out there that have used both phones. Which would you say work best in this inviroment. I'm not interested in multimedia or music. Just e-mail calender task memos documents etc. I need a stable platform that does not need alot of maintainance. There will be 8 of us with the option to switch so reliability is very important.
    Based on your criteria I think the choice is obvious: Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 07:19 PM
    ^^^ Agree. The Storm's strengths are multimedia and the large screen for the HTML web browser.

For business use, the Curve would be rock solid and more practical.
    03-28-09 07:29 PM
    I would go with the curve, the storm is great for watching videos or music, much like the iphone w/o the keyboard you will hate memos, emails, docs, you will eventually get used to the touch, but nothing cam replace the qwerty keyboard.

03-28-09 07:30 PM
    also, any sort of prolonged typing is kind of difficult on the storm, IMO. there is no way i could write a long email on the storm.
    03-28-09 07:32 PM
    I had the Storm for 48 hours and exchanged it for the Curve. Its a terrific phone, I've had no problems whatsoever with it.
    03-28-09 07:36 PM
    go for the curve you need a keyboard if you switch you will regret it.
    03-28-09 07:39 PM
    IMO- the curve is more business oriented and the Storm is more 'leisure' . So I would say to go with the curve- if you decide on the Storm and don't care for it-do you have the option to switch back to your curve? If that's the case and your interested in trying the Storm-then maybe that can be an option IF the Storm doesn't work out for you. Good luck with you choice!

03-28-09 07:42 PM
    IMO- the curve is more business oriented and the Storm is more 'leisure' . So I would say to go with the curve- if you decide on the Storm and don't care for it-do you have the option to switch back to your curve? If that's the case and your interested in trying the Storm-then maybe that can be an option IF the Storm doesn't work out for you. Good luck with you choice!

They are switching carriers to Verizon, so they would need to exchange the Storms to Verizon Curves within the first 30 days at a cost of $35 each for a restocking fee.
    03-28-09 08:02 PM
    I Have Had Both The Curve And The Storm.... I Went Back To My Curve Due To The Amount Of Daily Email I Handle And Respond To For Work. Never Mind The Fact That The Storm's Touch Pad Couldnt Keep Up With My Speed Of Typing..... But To Give Up The Feel Of The Qwerty Never Sat Right With Me. In My Opinion Rim Should Stick To What It Does Best And Leave The Iphone Wannabe's To The Knock-off Phone Makers In China.
    03-29-09 12:02 AM
    TRUST ME....stay with the Curve. My signature says it all. Storm has way to many issues at this point. Once the issues are fixed then maybe but not now.
    03-29-09 01:33 AM
    Was also thinking of making the switch a friend of mine has the storm and im still not convinced to take the jump.. Still rocking the curve texting and email are key to me and the storm right now wasn't up to speed..
    03-29-09 08:28 AM
    I just down graded from the storm! I liked the bigger screen of the storm and they are coming out with some cool apps but the touch screen is not all that. I work outside a lot and wear gloves and a touch screen for me was a big hastle I would always have to take my gloves off and freeze to respond to texts or what ever. I think you should do more research but you never know unless you try thats how I learn and I down graded!
    03-29-09 08:47 AM
    As everyone else has written in this forum, the Curve is the ONLY way to go IMO. I've had both, and I've had friends who've had both. No one who has had both kept the Storm. The only people I know personally who've kept the Storm, it's been their only BB, so they don't know how much better their experience could be.

Don't even look at the Storm if you want to be productive.
    03-29-09 01:13 PM
    The storm still needs to work out some kinks. I'd wait for a newer release.
    03-29-09 01:16 PM
    Physical keyboard is sooo much easier, so my vote goes to the curve!
    03-29-09 01:17 PM
    They are switching carriers to Verizon, so they would need to exchange the Storms to Verizon Curves within the first 30 days at a cost of $35 each for a restocking fee.
    thanks for adding that xlider- i often 4get that not every1 is familiar with verizons 30 day return with the restock fee!
    03-29-09 02:42 PM
    i have a bb curve 8330 and a coworker has the storm. Ive played around with the storm and hate it, ill never switch from my curve. choose the curve and be happy!
    03-29-09 04:54 PM
    Thanks for all the response's. Is it just that the storm is so much harder to type on or is the hole unit just not up to the task? Also because I've never tried one is the 8830 worth looking at?
    03-29-09 05:44 PM
    The 8330 is a much better BB for multimedia, it has a camera, and it has 1.5 times the memory of the 8830.

Yes, most of the shortcomings of the Storm are due to the touchscreen interface and ther lack of a physical keyboard.

03-29-09 05:51 PM
    I've had a 8830 for two years and like it - solid. Missing a camera however, so if your into pictures the 8830 will not do it.

Also the keyboard is different on the 8830. Keys are much smaller, and closer together than the curve, this will take sometime to get used to if your coming from a older bb or curve.

03-29-09 05:55 PM
    I just traded in my Storm for a Curve for all the reasons listed. It's not worth it. Too much lag time in absolutely everything it does...slow. Keyboard is not natural or accurate. Always found myself hitting the wrong keys...everything about it including texting and email was soo much more difficult and extremely time consuming. The Storm and Curve - it's like night and day. Good luck.
    03-29-09 06:05 PM
    I totally agree with the above post the Storm is nice to have for those who like to have newest thing out, but the Curve is functionally IMO the better of the two especially in a case where typing is something you will be doing a lot of. Just ask my Storm who is presently stuck on a shelf in her box lol

03-29-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD