Have a new 8330 (Sprint) with 4.5 software and would like to downgrade to 4.3. The usual procedure shown on the forum does not work -- going through the process will not cause the 4.3 to load. This may be because this is a phone that has never had anything but the 4.5 loaded and this some how blocks loading the older edition. Anyone with any suggestions on this problem?
    08-25-09 01:18 PM
    If it's a new 8330 it iprobably an 8330m, check your Options, About screen at the top. What is your device?

There is no 4.3 software that willload on the 8330m.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 01:28 PM
    Thanks very much -- that is the problem. I was hoping I could load the 4.3 and get a force roam feature. A lot of the time I am in an area where there is not enough sprint signal for good reception but enough to keep the automatic roan from functioning.
    08-25-09 02:00 PM
    You can try and do an experiment.

Backup your BB, including third party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Download the 4.5 OS for the 8330m and install it on your computer. Now you should have both the 8330m OS and the 8330 4.3 OS installed on your computer.

Go to C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files. You should see both OS folders.

Open up the the two OS folders in separate file explorer windows and go to the Java folder in both. Find all the phone.cod files (about 6 of them that look like net_rim_bb_phone_*.cod) in the 4.3 Java folder and copy them into the 4.5 Java folder. Approve any conflicts to replace the files.

Now close the explorer window for the 4.3 OS and move that OS out of the Loader directory, maybe to the Desktop.

Go to Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the 4.3 OS from your computer.

Connect your BB to the computer and Go to the C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader folder. Double-click on loader.exe to load your new 4.5/4.3 hybrid OS.

DM might recommend you upgrade your OS because it sees the 4.3 .cod files, or it will ask you if you want to downgrade your core apps/software. This is ok. Click on Next or Yes, and make sure to pick the option to backup and restore data, etc on your BB.

After the hybrid OS loads on your BB, see if you have the Forced Roam option.
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-25-09 at 02:23 PM.
    08-25-09 02:11 PM
    Went through this procedure and app loader indicated a successful load.
    However whe the phone rebooted is showed a app 205 error. Any suggestions on this. Thanks
    08-26-09 04:56 PM
    [QUOTE=xliderider;3429567]You can try and do an experiment.
    Go to C:\Programs\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files. You should see both OS folders.

Open up the the two OS folders in separate file explorer windows and go to the Java folder in both. Find all the phone.cod files (about 6 of them that look like net_rim_bb_phone_*.cod) in the 4.3 Java folder and copy them into the 4.5 Java folder. Approve any conflicts to replace the files.
    QUOTE]

Hi,
    your post is much appreciated, however can't seem to find six of these .cod files. I am using Vista therefore i had to navigate thru C:\Users\Christy\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader Cache\13d1f26c43efbe7348541d5b3e1589bf1203a981\Jav a
    Not sure if thats right but i have searched high and low and cannot find any other java folder in regards to the Research in Motion. And then i only find two of these .cod files. Am i looking in the wrong spot? Oh and btw, i wasn't able to install both versions at the same time, vista won't let me. so i was going to try installing 4.3 pulling the files i needed to the desktop then unintalling it and installing 4.5 and replacing the files with the 4.3 ones. Not finding them though, or am I?
    09-15-09 01:55 PM
    Went through this procedure and app loader indicated a successful load.
    However whe the phone rebooted is showed a app 205 error. Any suggestions on this. Thanks
    Try changing the net_rim_bb_phone_model.cod file back to the 4.5 version of the file. The file probably has a conflict between the 8330 vs. 8330m file vs. device model. Leave the rest of the .131 phone.cod files in your Java folder and see if it will load/run.
    09-15-09 03:21 PM
    Hi,
    your post is much appreciated, however can't seem to find six of these .cod files. I am using Vista therefore i had to navigate thru C:\Users\Christy\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader Cache\13d1f26c43efbe7348541d5b3e1589bf1203a981\Jav a
    Not sure if thats right but i have searched high and low and cannot find any other java folder in regards to the Research in Motion. And then i only find two of these .cod files. Am i looking in the wrong spot? Oh and btw, i wasn't able to install both versions at the same time, vista won't let me. so i was going to try installing 4.3 pulling the files i needed to the desktop then unintalling it and installing 4.5 and replacing the files with the 4.3 ones. Not finding them though, or am I?
    You are looking in the wrong place. For Vista look in C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Your OS Folder for the Java folder. If you have a 64 bit OS on your computer, note the (x86) in the path, that is important as on 64 bit machines there is both a Program Files, and a Program Files(x86) path.
    09-15-09 03:25 PM
    i have the verizon curve and i updated the os to .138 (i think) and i had so much signal bounce and was loosing almost all my calls so i downgraded to .77 original os on it and i still have signal bounce. pretty irritating when you loose so many calls. went to verizon and they did a few things but it's still going on. any ideas what to do?
    Edit/Delete Message
    09-15-09 05:20 PM
    138 has issues i'd suggest loading 169 or one of the 169 hybrids

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD