Hi i currently have the Nextel 8350i and My mother has the Sprint 8330 but she wants her set-up on her phone to look like mine(i guess thats the OS?) So is there anyway to upgrade the setup on her phone to look like mine(8350i)
    02-25-09 10:35 AM
    Not sure if os 4.5 would help that
    Set up meaning?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:41 AM
    Or is it the appearance of the screen she likes? If so just find a similar theme.
    02-25-09 10:54 AM
    I'm thinking both may work? The latest OS AND the same theme? You may want to check out the thread dedicated to your phone as they may have some answers there too.

~Jazzi~

02-25-09 10:58 AM
    Or is it the appearance of the screen she likes? If so just find a similar theme.
    Yeah she likes the Home screen Setup(general set-up of everything) that i have and setup that the tmobile 8900 has. So how would i get that 4 her
    02-25-09 10:59 AM
    Yeah she likes the Home screen Setup(general set-up of everything) that i have and setup that the tmobile 8900 has. So how would i get that 4 her
    Are you using a stock theme that came with your phone? If so, she may not be able to get it. However if you look around I'm sure that you can find a theme that is similar to yours that she will like.

I'm unfamiliar with your BB. Are you using a Zen theme, L theme, Dimension theme?

Personally I would start looking through the themes available for her BB and see if there is one similar to yours. I have the Storm Replica Theme that is customizable and love it. It was well worth the $ I paid for it.

~Jazzi~
    02-25-09 11:06 AM
    Go to options>themes and see what theme you have active....If its a stock them you can then check your moms phone and match the style (to a point) if you are both on the same carriers. You might be using a carrier theme she doesnt have etc...

If that does not work try looking at the media section of crackberry for themes. Most are free and I also like pimpmyberry.com
    02-25-09 11:12 AM
    You're probably going to have to upgrade to 4.5 to begin with. She'll benefit from not only the upgrades to e-mail and the browser, but also most themes are made to run on 4.5. To get her 8330 to look like your 8350i, you'll have to download a new theme to make it look similar. I haven't seen anything that is specifically made to look like the 8350, but the ones that I've been looking at are made to look like the 8900 Javelin. Here are a couple links:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/my...s4-5-a-134571/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/3-...00like-148771/

I personally use the MyJavelin "L" theme on my 8330, and I like it alot. You will be able to find OTA (Over The Air) links that will allow you to download the themes from your phone, you can either access the links thru your browser on wap.crackberry.com, or you can manually enter the address by highlighting them on your pc, and entering the address that shows on the bottom of your browser. Good Luck, welcome to Crackberry!
    02-25-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD