Once I remove the battery it clears the message icon. Does anyone know why this keeps happening?? I put a case on my Blackberry that snaps together and I had to keep removing it to take the battery out and it finally broke. This is getting annoying. Also, can anyone recommend a case to put on my Blackberry that I can remove anytime I want without any trouble??
    10-28-09 08:31 PM
    Have you checked ALL of your message folders. It could be a. Browser message. Or if you have an app like weather berry or something it can leave a message in a folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:41 PM
    Yes I checked every single folder and there is not not message in any of them.
    10-28-09 08:59 PM
    A stuck voicemail can cause this. There is a trick that I read in a thread but I don't remember it completely. It has something to do with calling yourself and leaving a message and then deleting it but there may be more to it. I'm sorry that's the best I can do.

10-28-09 09:06 PM
    Sometimes it happens to me when I delete an email that hasn't fully downloaded yet.

10-28-09 09:11 PM
    WHy don't you just put Quick Pull or Restart on your phone? It'll restart it so you don't have to keep pulling the battery out. Control/alt/delete works too.
    10-28-09 09:14 PM
    I have had the same problem. As big.daddy says, it happens when you have a larger e-mail that you open, then delete before it completely downloads.

To avoid having to do a battery pull (and thus wreck your case) you can alt, shift, delete for the same effect. Or download a free app called Quick Pull. Quick pull simulates a battery pull. I have mind set to pull every day at 0900hrs. Keeps you berry fresh.
    10-28-09 09:15 PM
    I've had it happen with a voicemail issue, unacknowledged calendar event, and a draft of an email message or text I thought I sent but evidently missed the send button.

10-28-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD