Hey guys new to Black Berry. In fact, bought my first one yesterday from a guy. It powers up fine, connects the pc fine but the only thing that works is the roller ball. I cant get it to go into apps or anything. its like non of the buttons are working.
    I appreciate any help,
    05-12-10 08:31 AM
    programs open if you select them with the ball (press on it)? If yes, than you probably have a bad keyboard. Probably the reason the guy was selling it...
    05-12-10 09:28 AM
    thanks for the reply. It is like the keypad is locked and it will not let me use the roller to select anything.

Is there a way to lock the keypad and to unlock it? I did down load desk top manager, is there anything I can do in it to help.
    05-12-10 10:41 AM
    Just take it to the Boost Mobile store. I know that Sprint will usually fix things like that for free, and since Sprint is kind of with Boost Mobile they should be able to do it at little or no cost.
    05-21-10 08:27 AM
    My friend had a 8330 (sprint) and she took it to the sprint store cuz her keyboard went out. They wanted to charge her $100 bucks to fix it! Just a heads up they will charge u!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 09:52 AM
    Well maybe I get a free fix because I know a person that works for Sprint ;P
    05-21-10 11:09 AM
    Sounds like it may also be a water damage problem, so you should check that out. There may be damage to a circut...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 11:12 AM
    If anything just buy a new trackball from the CrackBerry store. It's only $10, pretty cheap.
    05-25-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD