I have a few questions about changing some things around on my 8330.

First, is it possible to upgrade to the 5.0 software? My carrier is Virgin Mobile, and my current software version is: 4.5.0.77 (platform 3.2.0.51)

What exactly is a hybrid OS, and what are the benefits.

Is there a way to enable/get threaded SMS on my BB.

My main goal is to get it to look like the Curve 8500, is this achievable through an OS upgrade, or should I be looking for a theme? If so any links

Thanks,
    07-28-10 06:41 PM
    You can get 5.0, but its better to use the hybrid.

A hybrid basically takes files from the base OS, and essentially fixes any of the bugs or memory problems it would have.

When you install the 5.0 hybrid you will have threaded SMS.

You can make your 8330 curve look like the 85xx curve by getting a theme, or when you install the hybrid it will already have the theme installed.

Here is the link to download a free theme that's the same as the 85xx.
    Precision Replica - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    07-28-10 08:08 PM
    Get the latest hybrid OS 5.0 v438.11 @ BBTweaks.com. I have heard from a very reliable source that v11 will be released to the public Friday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 10:46 PM
    Get the latest hybrid OS 5.0 v438.11 @ BBTweaks.com. I have heard from a very reliable source that v11 will be released to the public Friday.

Really? Let me know if it is released man!

Yea upgrade to the hybrid because it already has the precision theme loaded so you get the 5.0 icons because with the Boost 5.0 you still keep your original theme. Mine looks exacly like my friends 8530... he's jealous, haha. Even have the red V wallpaper.
    07-29-10 07:15 AM

Hey quick question, when I upgrade to another hybrid do I still have to wipe my device? Also does that mean that I could only still restore only messages,contacts,etc but not settings?

07-29-10 09:24 AM
    Hey quick question, when I upgrade to another hybrid do I still have to wipe my device? Also does that mean that I could only still restore only messages,contacts,etc but not settings?

Yes, definitely wipe your device. When I restore I restore everything EXCEPT settings, options, service books. I do restore theme settings since it is the same base OS. That way I don't have to hide icons and set up my folders again. So far, this has not turned my BB into a molten puddle of plastic.
    07-29-10 11:40 AM
    Yes, definitely wipe your device. When I restore I restore everything EXCEPT settings, options, service books. I do restore theme settings since it is the same base OS. That way I don't have to hide icons and set up my folders again. So far, this has not turned my BB into a molten puddle of plastic.
    Thanks. So is there anything really different about this one?
    07-29-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD