Now on my 5th BB from Verizon-latest problem is Device Manager will not recognize 8330-not detected message. USB cable seems ok, as I get "plug" icon indicating that phone is being recharged.
    Anyone else have similar experience?
    Fortunately, I have insurance and they are replacing AGAIN (5th time-Pearl & 8330).
    I surmise that the problem may be in usb port on the phone, as the miniscule gold pins are not in a straight, level, horizontal line. They are positioned unevenly.

Any thoughts, solutions, similar experiences????
    06-11-08 01:34 PM
    Now on my 5th BB from Verizon-latest problem is Device Manager will not recognize 8330-not detected message. USB cable seems ok, as I get "plug" icon indicating that phone is being recharged.
    Anyone else have similar experience?
    Fortunately, I have insurance and they are replacing AGAIN (5th time-Pearl & 8330).
    I surmise that the problem may be in usb port on the phone, as the miniscule gold pins are not in a straight, level, horizontal line. They are positioned unevenly.

Any thoughts, solutions, similar experiences????
    Shoebear - Assuming you're using a Windows platform - Windows will read the berry as an hybrid modem device. Therefore assuming that this is its purpose Windows needs the drives to set forth the proper IRQ. Ok English, the drivers (which are needed) are part of the Desktop Manager. you can locate the newest one at Rim's website (4.3) After installing this you may have much better luck.
    If you have already installed this please reply with OS and model of your machine. It may also be the USB port as earlier version of USB 2.0 did not support many external peripherals.
    As far as the pins go there are several types of "pinned" mini usb cables. Anywhere from 2 to 4 pins so make sure you use the supplied OEM usb cable to avoid damage to your berry.
    06-11-08 03:04 PM
    shoebear-
    jrbarrett is correct, you will need the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3 version for the 8330 to be detected. If you are using Desktop Manager 4.2, it is not compatiable. If you still decide to use the Desktop Manager 4.2, just install 4.3 copy the drive from c:\program files\common files\research in motion\usb drivers\RimUsb.sys - the RimUsb.sys is the driver your PC needs to detect your BlackBerry - uninstall 4.3, reinstall 4.2 and when you get the prompt for found new hardware, go to find file instead of auto, browse to the driver and then load. once completed, this will then allow your blackberry to be detected by desktop manager. I have the driver if you need me to e-mail you it.

Ryan
    06-18-08 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD