Sorry in advance for my newbness.... I am trying to download os v5.0 onto my 8330(verizon) but when I plug it in to update, v4.5.0.175 comes up as the latest update. Maybe I read wrong but I thought v5.0 was the latest update. Does the 8330 support that os, or do I have to do a hybrid update?
    07-22-10 07:56 PM
    Be sure that you have the 8330 and not the 8330m. Options > About
    Be sure that INSTALL the file that you downloaded by RUNNING the .EXE file.
    Be sure that you UNINSTALL all other OS versions from your computer.
    Be sure that you delete the VENDOR.XML file.
    07-22-10 08:04 PM
    I do have the 8330 not the 8330m
    I installed the file by running the .exe file
    I deleted the vendor.xml file
    I'm not sure how to uninstall other os versions on my computer. How do I go about doing that?
    07-22-10 10:20 PM
    I'm running a OS 5.0 hybrid. So it's definitely compatible. Whether or not you want a hybrid, you should check out bbtweaks.com | and their tutorial.
    07-22-10 10:47 PM
    You can uninstall the old OS from the computer using Windows Add/Remove Programs (or Uninstall a Program). You should see "BlackBerry Device Software OS 4.5.0 for the BlackBerry 8330 smartphone" listed. It's OK to keep a copy of the old OS in a zip file somewhere so if you ever need to go back, you would delete the newer OS and extract the old OS from your old zip file.
    07-23-10 07:32 AM
    You may not have any other device OS's installed, DM will look to your carrier for the latest OS, since 5.0 was not released by Verizon it will not show up. You will have to download 5.0 and install to your PC then disconnect DM from the internet to install OS5.0 jrsccivic98 did an excellent how-to on this, I am looking for a link for you.

edit:http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=420811
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-23-10 at 07:41 AM. Reason: add link
    07-23-10 07:40 AM
    You may not have any other device OS's installed, DM will look to your carrier for the latest OS, since 5.0 was not released by Verizon it will not show up. You will have to download 5.0 and install to your PC then disconnect DM from the internet to install OS5.0
    Delete the vendor.xml & your phone will not go to the internet to look for your carrier's OS. Make sure you 'show hidden files'. I've installed 10 versions of Nathanix/BBTweaks hybrids & never had to disconnect from the internet. Go to BBTweaks.com & follow their tutorial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD