What is the best OS for the 8330? Currently have the 4.5.0.175 (295).
    02-21-10 04:10 PM
    your gonna get all kinds of answers on this one. I have the same os as you and it works fine for me. others have had problems with .175 and will say to downgrade to something or upgrade to a 5.0 hybrid of some sort since us sprint curve 8330 owners probably wont get an official release.
    02-21-10 04:33 PM
    First of all you need to figure out if you have an 8330m or not. Go to options then about will let you know. If you have an 8330m you have the best os you can get. If you don't it opens up to other choices. 5.0 in my opinion is the best thing to happen to my bb. I'm currently running a nathanix hybrid called V4. They also have a tutorial on how to install it that explains very well. They both can be found here. Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home. This is all user preference. Remember if you do not like this they have a sticky in this forum to revert back to the OS you are currently running. Give it a try see if you like it. You may be like me and won't even think about going back. Just first make sure you don't have an 8330M or you will be waisting your time! Hope this helps.
    02-21-10 07:49 PM
    I use the boost 5.0 and it works great with sprint. I did get a precision ota theme from nathans site. I liked his hybrid but after 60 minutes the call would drop... weird I never thought that I talked for 60 minutes..
    02-21-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD