Hi everyone, need some help here. I have about 250 (and counting) work contacts that USED to sync with my XP address book through DM.

It will get to about 22-25 and then freeze up and crash, windows error report message pops up and DM shuts down.

I tried the upgrade to the new DM, v4.7 I think, and same thing continues to happen. Oh I also upgraded the 8330 software last night, still getting the same thing.

Anyone have same problem, suggestions?

Thx
    05-28-09 02:59 PM
    I spent hours reading this forum and trying everything I read to solve this same problem. I gave up on figuring it out myself. I called Verizon, the first tier of support couldn�t help. At the end they turned me over to a RIM tech. He told me my problem was because one record had all three of these fields empty; Company Name, First Name, and Last Name. I assured him that could not be. I had read that could be a problem so I looked at every record and each one had at least one of these fields filled in. Well don�t do as I did and assume that will work, do what he told me to do. The following process will probably find your offending record(s). You will be filtering your contacts so the offending record(s) will be displayed.

When your Outlook Contacts are open:

Click on View
    Then click Current View
    Next click Customize Current View
    Click the Filter Button
    Click the Advanced tab

Next add three fields to, �Define more criteria�; First Name, Last Name, and Company, the Condition should be, �is empty�.

[I had a screen shot to include here but I can't seem to insert it]

When you execute this filter, if you have any records displayed, you probably have found your problem. If any of the displayed records have NO information in ALL of these fields you will need to add some information in at least one of the fields.

Now here is where it gets interesting. You may have records that DO have information in one or more of the fields. This happened to me, I cannot explain why this can happen, but if it does, this too is a problem. The best way to resolve this is to delete the record then re-create it. You might try just re-typing the existing information. But I�m not sure if this will help, deleting the record may be the better way to go.

Don�t be tempted to take the shortcut and just look for records that have these fields empty, that will never find the second scenario where there are fields that appear to have data that Outlook is reporting as empty.

After you have gone through this process try your sync again. Hope this helps.

Larry
    05-30-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD