Have an 8330 with Sprint navigation. Weird problem. Nav works OK but for some reason, I can't get the audio to play over my car stereo via the BBs headphone jack. Same nav system works out of my wife's HTC Hero fine. Any thoughts out there. I tried toggling the speakerphone key but no change. Can't find any other appropriate setting and can't see what profile action I could take. Thanks in advance
    03-13-10 11:18 PM
    explain what you are trying to do ? Play like Pandora or Slacker through your vehicles speakers ?
    03-13-10 11:20 PM
    Have an 8330 with Sprint navigation. Weird problem. Nav works OK but for some reason, I can't get the audio to play over my car stereo via the BBs headphone jack. Same nav system works out of my wife's HTC Hero fine. Any thoughts out there. I tried toggling the speakerphone key but no change. Can't find any other appropriate setting and can't see what profile action I could take. Thanks in advance
    There isn't one. The audio for SprintNav just plays through the speaker, not via jack or Bluetooth. Dunno if they plan to change it anytime soon, or if they'll be able to do it, either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 05:37 AM
    Thanks for the info. That's a major drag, but at least you saved me spending any more time on this issue. Any idea why one can't output the navigation audio out of the headphone jack, as one can with other audio, ie, mp3s, etc.
    Do you know if it's a processor thing, an OS thing?
    Also, if I upgrade to the 8530, on Sprint, would that make a difference. The nav system is OK, but nowhere near as responsive as the HTC Hero(android 1.5) running the same Sprint Nav, which does output the audio directions and recalcs much quicker. I have to say, the Hero response is as good as a Garmin, the BB 8330 responds at the last second of a turn need, or other stuff. Maybe it improves with use. I have only used it a few times.
    03-14-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD