can one use the 8330 as a modem on a sprint simply everything plan???
    03-26-09 04:02 PM
    i think you need a "phone as a modem" plan too. it says that on sprint.com/downloads in the sprint smartview for windows download.
    03-26-09 04:10 PM
    but i heard you could still use and no additional cost
    03-26-09 04:30 PM
    I'd watch out for the hidden cost's, I know that with AT&T if you do it without having the Tethering plan you can be charged a pretty penny.
    03-26-09 04:32 PM
    but with sprint i think its a different
    03-26-09 04:34 PM
    Not sure then, just call up your CS and see if you can. I don't think you want to see a big charge on your bill. Just to be in case.
    03-26-09 04:37 PM
    Not sure then, just call up your CS and see if you can. I don't think you want to see a big charge on your bill. Just to be in case.
    yeah my friend was looking into tetherberry but i think they still have an issue
    with VPN's
    03-26-09 04:49 PM
    I guy just posted on the Verizon section yesterday that he used Tetherberry and got a $3800+ data charge from Verizon.
    03-26-09 04:50 PM
    I guy just posted on the Verizon section yesterday that he used Tetherberry and got a $3800+ data charge from Verizon.
    That's what I meant by the hidden charges.
    03-26-09 04:51 PM
    You will find many of us Sprint customers here that have tethered without any extra fees. I don't even have a SE plan, just a family shared minutes plan with the Blackberry data plan. For one, I would not be asking your carrier 'if I do x, will you charge me?' Secondly, I would not use tethering software provided by your carrier either. Set up you tethering manually by following the phone as modem articles here on CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 05:07 PM
    i have sprint with unlimited data on my crackberry. i do NOT have PAM plan.. i've read its no longer offered? anyway, smartview works. no charges. its all over the sprint forum. i've been tethering for like 3 months now and sprint hasnt charged me.
    03-26-09 05:07 PM
    Okay, I didn't mean to have this start to become a flame, I'm just saying watch out. All I know is that some carriers charge for tethering.
    03-26-09 05:11 PM
    Okay, I didn't mean to have this start to become a flame, I'm just saying watch out. All I know is that some carriers charge for tethering.
    oh, me neither...sorry...i guess what i wrote kinda sounded wrong. i was trying to emphasize that its fine to tether using smartview w/o pam service for sprint.
    03-26-09 05:15 PM
    Quote:
    That's what I meant by the hidden charges.
    Thats because, well, Verizon is evil.
    03-26-09 05:42 PM
    Thats because, well, Verizon is evil.
    they are very very bad they charge you for everything
    03-26-09 06:13 PM
    Holy sh!t. I think Verizon is the most popular in SE PA, but everyone I talk to hates them.
    03-26-09 07:03 PM
    Yeah, Verizon just bought out Alltel, so I will be migrated to them sometime in the next few months. Not looking forward to it, but at least it's better than being on Sprint.
    03-27-09 08:00 AM
    Yeah, Verizon just bought out Alltel, so I will be migrated to them sometime in the next few months. Not looking forward to it, but at least it's better than being on Sprint.
    i agree sprint/nextel is also not so good with signal down here in ft.lauderdale you can drive any where going north on the i-95 and its hit and miss
    03-27-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD