I am taking a flight tomorrow. I would like to listen to music I have stored while on the plane. Is there any way to turn the phone off but continue to listen to music? I have a 8330.
    02-22-09 08:10 AM
    You could always disable the network under "manage connections" just uncheck the "network connection". There won't be any radio signal that way so that's what you'd want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:25 AM
    Try explaining to a stewardess (who won't be in the mood to learn about RIMs technologies) that our phones can disable the radio signal and morph into a walkman. They see a BB on and they tell you to shut it off when there are no phones allowed on. Do what bizn said above and keep it hidden when its time to shut off phones.

02-22-09 10:15 PM
    Welcome to crackberry and have a safe flight!
    02-22-09 10:22 PM
    I've just turned radio off on numerous flights and had no problems. All my flights were thru delta and the stewardesses hace seen it n said nothing

02-22-09 11:19 PM
    Just be sure to keep it hidden. On my first flight ever a couple of years ago some guy who thought he was important didn't seem to want to turn his BB off had the attendant had to come by a 3rd time to tell him, he and I were going to have a prayer meeting.
    02-22-09 11:25 PM
    I usually use the bb headphones with the button so that i turn off my radio and leave it in my pocket. Once the flight starts I hit the button and presto I have music and no one bother me.
    02-23-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD