So I've been trying to search the forum for an answer on this to no avail. At some point in the night last night my keypad decided to not respond any more. I didn't drop the phone or do any damage to it in any way. I tried pulling out the battery for as long as 5 min and it will turn on and load up, the trackball will work, but none of the keys respond. Any suggestions before I take it back to the store? I have the 4.3 OS and didn't do any tinkering to the phone so I'm at a loss for why this would just decide to happen all of the sudden.

Thanks for the help!
    08-02-08 10:13 AM
    When you removed the battery, did you do it with the device on?

Check the moisture indicator under the battery. It should be white. If it is pink or red, moisture got to the device and the warranty will be voided.
    08-02-08 10:21 AM
    Is there really a "moisture Indicator" in the phone???
    08-02-08 10:37 AM
    Yes I removed the battery with the device on, none of the buttons on my phone respond to anything so I couldn't power down. Only the trackball will scroll over items, but I cannot access the programs. Once the screen dims out, then I cannot bring it back up without plugging the phone in to the charger or pulling the battery out and putting it back in.

The insides of the phone are dry, I never dropped it or mishandled the phone, it was in my pocket all night. When I went to send a txt to someone, I then realized that the phone was not responding.
    08-02-08 10:38 AM
    There have been post of users with sweaty hands or clothing having moisture affect thier device is the only reason I mentioned that, and to also eliminate that as a possible reason for the malfunction.

gregmar, the moisture indicator is the little white square box in one of the corners under the battery.
    08-02-08 10:45 AM
    Thanks for the tip, but any other suggestions?
    08-02-08 10:57 AM
    If you carry it around in your pocket, there may be a chance of lint or other debri getting under the keyboard and causing a connection issue.

You might try using some canned air to try and blow it out.
    08-02-08 11:12 AM
    Thanks for the help tyroni, I'm going to just try taking it to Verizon. I don't pay $5/month to insure this phone for nothing!
    08-02-08 11:31 AM
    There have been post of users with sweaty hands or clothing having moisture affect thier device is the only reason I mentioned that, and to also eliminate that as a possible reason for the malfunction.

gregmar, the moisture indicator is the little white square box in one of the corners under the battery.
    tyroni,

Wow, very interesting. I had no idea that it really had that. Thank you for mentioning it.
    08-02-08 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD