I have noticed by the posts on here, that everyone is HIGHLY blackberry savvy. I thought I was until this. I work in cell phones but I have a very good friend that has a Sprint Blackberry 8330 Curve. She is just became a realitor and needs to access the site propertylinx.com for work. However the Curve will not allow her to do so. We have changed the emulation mode to Microsoft IE and MS Pocket IE. We have downloaded Operamini. I am perplexed as to any other options and I am afraid we are going to have to get her into a *gulp* windows mobile device. If anyone knows any solutions to allow this site to work on the BB Curve it would be amazing!! And i would be forever in your debt!!!

Thanks Ahead of Time!!
    AJ
    09-13-08 11:16 AM
    she needs a winmo device, one that has IE6, thus a winmo 6.1 device specifically. not even mozilla or webkit (safari/iphone) can view the website.

and even then there's no guarantees since winmo6.1 with IE6 is still the mobileIE browser and may not be able to view the page.
    09-13-08 11:18 AM
    The website does have a mobile version of it. At this moment I do not have it at my disposal. I hate windows mobile and their lagging on emails. I was trying to avoid it at all cost so I thought I would shoot a message on here.

A few years ago when the 8700 was the best BB alive, I have a very good friend that was VERY high up at blackberry I had a blackberry 8700 that had windows mobile on it. It was installed at BB in Canada. However I have sense sold the phone!! BLAH to getting rid of stuff!!
    09-13-08 11:22 AM
    what's the mobile website address?

i just tried on mine and it loaded, but required me to load up the MS XML parser, which the browser cannot do since it's emulated and not a full IE browser.

if you didnt get the page i did but got the "unsupported browser" page, it's because you didnt clear you cache after changing the emulation mode to IE.
    09-13-08 11:32 AM
    also, can she use BLC instead? blcwireless fully supports all smartphones.

link: Wireless Registration Page
    09-13-08 11:34 AM
    ok, now that i reread everything, just click the link above i posted... that's the BLC Mobile site. according to their faq, it's designed for all smartphones and supports the blackberry.

it's everything you're looking for and exactly what she needs to access propertylinx on the go with her blackberry.
    09-13-08 11:42 AM
    Hey thanks a lot for all your help. I will let here know and have her go to that site!! I think that propertylinx is now something that is not longer free to access on any phone. I really appriciate your help. If anyone else has any other suggestions those will be appriciated as well!!
    09-13-08 12:21 PM
    Hey thanks a lot for all your help. I will let here know and have her go to that site!! I think that propertylinx is now something that is not longer free to access on any phone. I really appriciate your help. If anyone else has any other suggestions those will be appriciated as well!!
    correct. propertylinx actually created blcwireless for universal smartphone access to their website... for a fee, of course.
    09-13-08 12:24 PM
    I must say oakie you are awesome!! I will look for things you post in the future!! Very prompt and very knowledgeable!! Its nice to know that nice people that are willing to take time out of their days to help, exist!! I hope you know how much its appriciated!!
    09-13-08 01:08 PM
    I must say oakie you are awesome!! I will look for things you post in the future!! Very prompt and very knowledgeable!! Its nice to know that nice people that are willing to take time out of their days to help, exist!! I hope you know how much its appriciated!!
    You know, he is right, Oakie - you ARE awesome. I have NO need for this webpage discussed in this thread but I have learned that there is so much that can be learned just by following along... and who the ones who really know their stuff are. You, you, indeed, are one of those. Thanks for the interesting thread and answers, and I didn't even need them!
    09-13-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD