Had Sprint replace my phone yesterday, but now having trouble getting custom rings from mem card.

Go to the Contact in Addy book --> Option --> Add Cust Ring Tone,
    All it gives me is the "Preloaded Ringtones" on the phone memory, with no option to select the mem card from there. WTF!? Until yesterday I had all this set... am i doing it wrong?

I've searched forums but no luck... anyone? thanks.
    03-31-09 11:59 AM
    no good. do you have a ring tones file on the memory card?
    03-31-09 12:03 PM
    Can you play them in media player?

I guess if all was well yesterday but not today I would try a battery pull to see if that resolves it. Not sure what is going on here.
    03-31-09 12:05 PM
    Yah the mem card is full of songs, I can get them in Media Player, I can see them via the USB mass storage. I did the batt pull and restored my backup... all that. The phone is all set like I had it yest, but the ring tone links are gone from each contact, and I'm POSITIVE the custom rings were pointed to the mem card as of yesterday and they worked every time for a year now.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing, some other step. Anyone?
    03-31-09 12:12 PM
    are you trying to get ringtones, or mp3's to be ringtones? if you are trying to get "ringtones", they will be at the top of the list of ringtones when you select add custom ringtone. if you are trying to pick an mp3, you have to hit "browse" at the top of the list when you select add custom ringtone, and look through your media card to pick one. hope this helps..
    03-31-09 12:48 PM
    I figured it out. The problem, in case I wasn't clear above, is that the Browse option doesn't show when selecting the ring tone option for the Contact in Address book. In case anyone else wants to know:

-Go to Profiles
    -Advanced
    -Option button
    -New Exception
    -give the exception a name, like "Except calls from Meghan Fox"
    -now when choosing the exception's ring tone you can browse to the mem card and choose from gigabytes worth of tunes

Maybe there's a better way on this old Curve, but this method here does work.

Cheers.
    Last edited by theadrock13; 03-31-09 at 12:58 PM.
    03-31-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD