I have two message icons on my home screen ("messages" and "***@gmail.com"). "Messages" is recieving email and sms text etc. Can i do everything through the "messages" icon and eliminate the ***gmail.com icon to clean up the desktop? What purpose does the gmail icon serve if i can send and reply to email and sms text through the general messages icon? It seems i'm getting a lot of unwarranted duplication. help...
    07-07-08 09:45 AM
    Like you said "Messages" will control both your email and sms. If you like that then you can "Hide" your gmail inbox icon. Some people, however, want their sms and email seperated, so they hide the "Messages" app.
    07-07-08 09:55 AM
    if i choose "seperate" instead of "theme controlled" under sms and email options i should stop getting the duplication...? I wouldnt mind having both icons on the desktop if i had all sms/mms etc going into the "messages" folder and just gmail in the gmail folder. my problem was getting everything in the messages folder and still getting just the email stuff in the gmail folder.
    07-07-08 10:01 AM
    Yea, select "seperate" so now you'll have an SMS icon, Email icon, and Messages icon... then just hide the Messages one.
    07-07-08 10:04 AM
    I had this same problem and ended up separating my SMS. However, when I get voice mail it is showing up in my SMS folder? Is this normal? Shouldn't the voice mail be going under the normal message folder?
    07-07-08 10:13 AM
    good question...i certainly dont want voicemail going to my sms folder.
    07-07-08 10:19 AM
    Can anyone help with this? I have separated my SMS/Messages folders but now I get my voice mail messages in my SMS folder not the messages folder? Is this normal?
    07-09-08 07:23 AM
    Can anyone help with this? I have separated my SMS/Messages folders but now I get my voice mail messages in my SMS folder not the messages folder? Is this normal?
    I'm experiencing the same scenario...separate SMS/Messages folders and voice mail messages showing up in the SMS folder. I don't really consider this to be much of a problem, although I would agree that it's a bit odd. I'm not sure there's a way to configure the VM message to land in a different spot...
    07-09-08 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD