Hi Guys,

When using my Curve, the light dims from time to time and it is pretty much a distraction to me. I would like it to stay bright all the time during use. I do have it set to go black after 45 seconds of non-use. Thats perfect. I want that to stay the same. What I want to change is when I'm reading e-mails, the light dims. Is ther a setting for this???

Thanks
    Steve
    03-06-09 11:20 AM
    Yes there is a setting. From the home screen goto options (usually a little wrench icon) then goto screen/keyboard then to: automaticaly dim backlight. Set it to no then menu then save. Your backlight will no longer dim. If you don't like the brightness at that point goto options>screen/keyboard>backlight brightness and "tweak" it from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 11:40 AM
    Everybody is so helpful at crackberry, you guys rule
    03-06-09 11:49 AM
    Thanks
    YOU GUYS DO ROCK
    03-06-09 01:39 PM
    battery pull
    03-06-09 01:43 PM
    Hi Guys,

When using my Curve, the light dims from time to time and it is pretty much a distraction to me. I would like it to stay bright all the time during use. I do have it set to go black after 45 seconds of non-use. Thats perfect. I want that to stay the same. What I want to change is when I'm reading e-mails, the light dims. Is ther a setting for this???

Thanks
    Steve
    There's a setting for this, as mentioned above. However, you will find that your Curve will pretty much do whatever it wants on either setting.
    03-06-09 01:49 PM
    There's a setting for this, as mentioned above. However, you will find that your Curve will pretty much do whatever it wants on either setting.
    I know! It always dims when I have it on DON'T AUTO DIM. I MEAN IT. DON'T! Sorry, that's just what I call the function.
    03-06-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD