I just bought the 8330 after having an 8830 for 2 years. Both keep cutting in and out while listening to the player while on my motorcycle. Anywhere else is fine. Two seperate phones and 2 seperate headsets. They are both the ones that came with the phones.

ANy ideas why this is happening? It is very irritating.

I thought it may be the wind pushing against the trackball and have repositioned everywhere on the bike and my body. With no luck. COuld it be some sort of interferance with the bikes electronics? Or, wind blowing through the microphone? It is worst at higheer speeds.

Thanks
    06-14-09 10:09 PM
    Well i have a similiar case, it goes from the headset to the speaker whenever it wants, its pretty aggravating.
    06-14-09 11:49 PM
    The interference theory sounds plausible. Does the rate of cutting in and out vary with engine speed? If it does, it may be the alternator, or spark plug wires giving off EMF interference.
    06-15-09 12:42 AM
    I don't think it's that because you would be able to hear it all the time and it would be consistant with the speed of the engine. It shuts off for a few seconds and may be on for several minutes or visa-versa. I am going to try an aftermarket brand and see if it's not the headphones.
    06-15-09 07:26 AM
    I just purchased the BB Curve 8330 from Sprint and first noticed the problem while riding on a coach commuter bus. The headset goes in and out either while playing music or on a call. I change over to a regular set of stereo headphones just to listen to the media player and it work fine but would like to have the ability to take calls like with the native headset. I tested it on several different buses and thought the issue was just limited to riding because the headset appeared to work fine while strolling or walking. But then today as I was walking it started to go in and out with this incessant slight click or surge sound indicating intereference and I noted that I was walking underneath and near the large power lines that are in my neighborhood. So while I am not 100% sure just yet but my theory is this headset that comes with the curve is susceptible to EMI/EMF which indicates to me that it is poorly made. I am in the market to find a compatible headset with similar features to see if I have the same issue.
    Last edited by cshakoor; 06-21-09 at 10:12 AM.
    06-21-09 10:01 AM
    I bought a sony headset w/o a microphone. everything is fine. i don't need a microphone since i am on a motorcycle. i think the bb sets are susceptible or the microphone is picking up something and overloading. i use the jabra bt530 bluetooth for handsfree. it works as an audio set too. i have no problems with it for handsfree or audio. I don't use it on my motorcycle because it is not load enough and is only in one ear.
    06-24-09 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD