Hello all,
    I recently got an 8330 and setup my Comcast.net email account on the BB.
    Here comes the issue. I can send my comcast.net account a message from another email address and get it on the phone with no issues. I can then open comcast.net webmail and the message will not be there. So right away I'm thinking there is a "leave copy on server" checkbox that is not checked or something similar. This is what changes my thought. I can then open Thunderbird on my PC and do a send/receive and I will get the message. So the message was still on the server. From reading other posts it appears that the BB's default is to just get a copy of the message, not remove it form the server. Mine is doing that and checking the mail then through thunderbird proves it. Why though would the messages not be in comcast.net's webmail? I already tried comcast.net support and they just keep telling me that either my phone or thunderbird has the Leave Copy On Server checkbox unchecked. I asked how that made any sense seeing that I could not get the message in webmail before I even opened thunderbird. Any ideas?
    12-01-08 09:34 AM
    I started experiencing similar problems last week, only it was a combination of getting emails on my blackberry that did not stay in my Comcast box AND getting emails in my Comcast box that were never forwarded to my Blackberry. Everything is set up correctly on Comcast, btw.
    They initially tried to pawn it off as a Blackberry issue, but I tried forwarding my email to another mailbox with same results to negate it.
    After speaking with 2 phone reps and online chatting with a 3rd, my 4th online chat rep at Comcast started asking the right questions - was it all bulk mail, was it related to size, was it related to attachments - unfortunately I can find no pattern. Bottom line, yesterday they supposedly escalated it to their network team. I received some missing forwards from the day before last evening, but still having issues. There are emails however on my blackberry that I never have seen in my Comcast box. I did find a list serv with threads that others are experiencing the same issue, starting at about the same time as me. If you want to contact Comcast again, don't mention your blackberry, just talk in terms of email forwarding to an address (which is really what you're doing). Also, online chat reps tend to be a bit more savvy than the phone reps.
    12-03-08 09:02 AM
    I figured out my issue although Comcast support was no help at all. Comcast in my area (pennsylvania) recently switched from their webmail to Comcast SmartZone and didn't let me know ahead of time. The old webmail app was not getting any of the messages for my account. I went to their smartzone page and all the messages I have been looking for are there.
    12-03-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD