I am about to give up on my BB!!!! I have now had my 4th replacement order because all of them have had charging port malfunctions!!! No, I am not trying to pull the charger out to the side...I pull it straight out. It was OFF and plugged in all night last night and didn't charge. The one I have now is 1 1/2 months old and I have to hold the plug in the right place to get the phone to recognize it...IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM??? What on earth can be done to avoid it???
    09-03-09 05:22 PM
    Have you had the battery replaced too? Or just the phone? If the phone doesn't charge and this issue is consistant from phone to phone then you probably have a bad battery or charger. I'd encourage you to try an alternate charger and battery before having the phone replaced again. Call your carrier and see if they have a program that will let you get a different charger/battery under warranty. Hope this helps.
    09-03-09 05:26 PM
    I've had that issue before and it was always the charger. Getting a new phone probably just made your charger fit tight enough to work for a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 05:31 PM
    thanks! Every phone they send me has a new battery and a new charger...so now I have about 6 chargers and have to mess with all of them to get them to work....very frustrating!
    09-03-09 05:35 PM
    Easiest to use a charging dock, it saves on wear and tear on the usb port also.
    09-03-09 05:39 PM
    Might check the contacts on the charger and in the USB port. Not sure how you would go about cleaning them( can't use an eraser like we used to on atari cartriges) lol. Also, will it charge on a PC?

09-03-09 05:40 PM
    It will charge on the PC if it it laying in the right spot...that is what I had it plugged into last night and somehow it moved and then didn't charge and was completely dead this am...I remember doing that to Atari! LOL
    09-03-09 05:43 PM
    If you only charge on PC that might be your problem. Every time I plug my curve in to the pc, Vista has to search and install the device driver for some reason. Sometimes it fails to find it and won't charge or will find it(enough of it to run the dm anyway) but not charge the battery. Also, when my PC goes in to sleep mode it stops charging. I've gone through 4 data cables now because of that issue of having to have the phone in the right position.
    I always charge mine with the travel charger now and don't have any issues.

09-03-09 06:04 PM
    Get a new charger, If you went through 4 phones and still have the same problem than it sounds like your phone charger is the problem.
    09-04-09 03:08 AM
    I am also on my second phone as the first curves charging port wallowed out and became useless. It is a problem and is found in many threads. Best bet is to get a charging dock and charge that way. Use the phones charging port only when you need to hook to you DM. Problem is you won't be able to use a hard case with the dock as far as I know. May be other options out there? Do a search for charging docks and you'll get help there!

09-04-09 05:42 AM
    As xliderider and ginzel62 say, get a dock. There are some great buys out there and as stated, the dock will save wear and tear on the usb port. I use a Seidio case and dock. Never have to remove the case.

09-04-09 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD