My 8330 developed an issue with the charging port. It won't accept the stock wall charger or my car charger unless I hold it in. It will however charge with a digital camera usb cord. Can these ports be replaced or am I doomed to use a cradle charger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 12:05 PM
    Yes they can be replaced. If you have insurance on your phone take it to Verizon, and they should be able to fix it for you. If you don't have insurance they still should be able to fix it, but charge a fee. I know someone who got one fixed on his 8310 at at&t for $30, and it was fixed in about a half hour or so.
    11-23-09 12:11 PM
    This just happened to mine but no usb chargers will work and I have to use the cradle. Verizon told me it has to be replaced since they cant repair it and will cost $50
    11-23-09 12:16 PM
    This just happened to mine but no usb chargers will work and I have to use the cradle. Verizon told me it has to be replaced since they cant repair it and will cost $50
    Well that sucks. So you can't back your phone up now or do any device upgrades? I am not digging my 8330 anymore. It seems too easy to break compared to my 8350i. I hope the tour or bold or storm 2 are better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 01:45 PM
    if it works with a USB wire and not with your charger, might be an issue with your charger.

Try a different charger. Other option is to buy a USB AC adapter -- plugs in and you can plug in your 'working' usb wire into the adapter to charge your curve.

hope this helps.
    11-23-09 02:45 PM
    Verizon won't repair it, they would just replace the device.
    Odd that the usb chargers won't recognize it and the usb cable does.
    Maybe it has to do with the power/ amps/ voltage of the a/c? Dunno.
    11-23-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD