I am a new BB owner as of yesterday, sort of unplanned but I'm very pleased - Love it so far!! Though never technically inclined so simple terms is what I am hoping for
    Couple newb questions here for the gurus -
    I want to speed up my device. I already have/do:
    I have used the App Loader to remove language packs.
    I do ALT+lglg and clear the log.
    I clear the browser/other caches.
    I have no pics or vids currently stored on device or card (new phone).
    I �close� rather than back out of apps/browser.

Without installing a new OS I would like to:
    *Remove BB sample content/video. Under Options>Applications I do see the sample content but don't get an option to delete when I hit Menu.
    *Remove pre-loaded themes. I have found instructions for doing this: Program Files>Common Files>RIM>Shared Files>Loader files>OS File>Java. I understand this, my problem is that when I open the RIM file, there is no folder for Shared, thus I cannot complete the task strand. Am I missing something? (obviously)
    *Remove BB help - it does not allow me to do so from Options>Applications; again no delete option available.

? Must I install the device OS to my pc in order to get greater functionality from the App Loader? I used it last night to sucessfully remove language packs. But I was reading in forum a post that taught how to remove erroneous data/files. A Mod had put up some screen shots, and a poster mentioned that he did not see those options in his own App Loader. A Mod posted back that "Some of the functions and programs you are seeing in Jim's list only show up in Application Loader after you've installed your device's OS on your PC. You have to install the OS on your PC before you can remove those functions from your BB" SHOULD I DO THIS?

? How do you BB guru's feel about speed-up apps like BerryJoose, etc? Worth it?

Thanks so much - this forum is really great and I intend to spend the day perusing it!! I sincerely appreesh!
    09-19-10 10:09 AM
    Welcome to the family, and I think putting a shrunk os helps alot with the space and ability to remove programs you dont use often i hav the BBTweaks Hybrid Os v13.1 (cant remember if i put that in my sig..) check here for instructions and other info if ur interested bbtweaks.com |
    09-19-10 07:40 PM
    i have facebook, google mobile, gmail, google maps, bolt browser, custom theme - no games- and still have 27.mb of memory left and i havent done a battery pull in 3 days
    09-19-10 07:43 PM
    You can use BBSAK 1.7 to remove those files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 09:06 PM
    Thanks...be back later after reading more and more!
    09-20-10 01:10 PM
    go BBTweaks!!!! WOO-HOO!!!
    09-20-10 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD