Hi all,

I got this 8330 and put it on this prepaid plan with Bell Mobility;
    Unlimited 3-7, text and web
    - Unlimited local calls from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., 7 days a week
    - Unlimited sent and received text, picture and video messages
    - Unlimited Mobile Browser
    $20/mo. (its for my daughter who really just want to text most of the time).

The Bell rep said that because the phone is a BB that the Mobile Browser will not work, with this plan, as it it a different type of browser meant for 'regular' phones.

My question is this:
    Is there a workaround or any apps that could still take advantage of the Mobile Browser portion of this 'Talk, Text & Web plan? Opera Mini, PingChat etc etc...
    We are aware of the prepaid BB plans but none of them include any talk time in the $20 price range, and understandably so.

TIA

Edit: is it possible that manually entered APN settings might enable phone browsing... inet.bell.ca?
    Last edited by pmccartney; 04-09-11 at 12:35 PM. Reason: APN
    04-09-11 11:20 AM
    Nope. There's no workaround.
    04-09-11 09:38 PM
    You need to ask them about the least expensive Blackberry Data Plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 08:10 PM
    I'm confused then. If there is no way to use a Blackberry browser (or a browser on a Blackberry) without BIS/BES, why is this site explaining how to do it? What am I missing?

Is this simply outdated, inapplicable or wrong?
    Enable BlackBerry Browser without BIS/BES � bb.anworm.com

thanks
    04-11-11 12:00 PM
    I'm confused then. If there is no way to use a Blackberry browser (or a browser on a Blackberry) without BIS/BES, why is this site explaining how to do it? What am I missing?

Is this simply outdated, inapplicable or wrong?
    Enable BlackBerry Browser without BIS/BES � bb.anworm.com

thanks
    For one thing, that is a GSM carrier and device on that site. The 8330 is CDMA. gprs is GSM only. General Packet Radio Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, the 8330 does not have Wi-Fi. It looks like that site is explaining the setup on an 8320.
    04-11-11 12:19 PM
    You can try using the Anworm books, they work by directing the BB Browser to use TCP/IP for internet. It was used initially, and successfully for the 8350i and 8330 on other providers.
    04-11-11 01:04 PM
    You can try using the Anworm books, they work by directing the BB Browser to use TCP/IP for internet. It was used initially, and successfully for the 8350i and 8330 on other providers.
    The issue I am thinking, though, is that the OP is not using another provider. For instance, I doubt if Anworm books would allow one to use Internet on Nextel or Sprint without BlackBerry data plans. It just works for Boost.

The OP is using the device on Bell, not a subsidiary of Bell.
    04-11-11 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD