I bought my 8330 yesterday and have encountered a few issues...

The latest its the fact that ALL of my Vibrate Profile options are set to vibrate...

However, when I receive a call / message / etc. it will vibrate, play "alarm-antelope" then vibrate again!

No where in my phone is ANY option set to "alarm-antelope"...

This will also happen when I clear my voice mail - it will again vibe, play antelope, and vibe again to notify me of the deletion.

Any help? I'm going crazy over here... I assumed, silly me, that when you chose the Vibrate Profile, the phone would, uh, vibrate only...
    10-05-08 02:50 PM
    There's no option to select None for the tune, but if you set the volume to Mute, you should not hear it. At least, that's how it works on my 8830. The only profiles I use are: Quiet (no alert of any kind for any reason); Normal; and Phone Only
    10-05-08 05:45 PM
    Jeff, on my my 8320 with 4.5, I have an option to set the tone as none.

Jennakenn, are you sure you aren't being confused by the in holster and out of holster modes or the vibe+ring setting which vibrates, then rings?
    10-05-08 05:58 PM
    There's no option to select None for the tune, but if you set the volume to Mute, you should not hear it. At least, that's how it works on my 8830.
    *~*This is what I had to do for mine...I have a Verizon Curve too, and I picked a random tone, but set the volume to mute. It seriously took me a couple of days to figure that out!!! When I first got it I was sooo frustrated because I had the profile on "vibrate" but I still got that annoying tone whenever I got any type of message (sms, mms, and voicemail). Don't get discouraged though, it will work for you!!! *~*
    10-05-08 06:03 PM
    Jeff, on my my 8320 with 4.5, I have an option to set the tone as none.
    I'm surprised that I don't in 4.2.2.196. That seems an obvious option. But I checked again, in case it was hidden in an alphabetical list instead of at the top or bottom, and it's simply not there. Curious.
    10-05-08 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD