I have two issues related to the Calendar.

First a quick look at my setup. I sync my 8330 (Sprint OS v4.5.0.131) to both my Mac (via Missing Sync v2.0.0 (116) device app (273)) and to my laptop via Desktop Manager v4.5. I upgraded to Sprint OS v4.5 over the weekend and that's when my two calendar issues arose.

1) All-Day Events, such as birthdays, have now become Multi-Day Events. They used to be all-day events from Midnight to Midnight on the day in question, say March 2. Following the OS upgrade to v4.5 some of them became multi-day since they are now set to last for 24 hours from 8am - 8am, for instance from March 2 at 8am until March 3 at 8am. Still a 24-hour event, but now it spans two days. Any thoughts on how to re-set All-Day Events to default to Midnight to Midnight so they only last one day.

2) Calendar now longer syncs to either Mac (via Missing Sync) or PC (via Desktop Manager). I have an unusual calendar configuration on my BB. Because I was having so much trouble syncing to my Mac with Missing Sync it was suggested that having multiple CICALs in my Service Books was causing a problem, and Missing Sync thought I was trying to sync multiple calendars to iCal (on my Mac) so it wouldn't sync. So I was advised to delete all the CICALs from my service books. So I deleted the CICAL associated with each of the 5 email addresses I pick on the BB via BIS. Thus I am using the BB Device Default calendar.

Following the upgrade to OS v4.5 neither Missing Sync nor Desktop Manager can sync my calendar (Address Book, Tasks, and Notes sync just fine).

I noticed during syncing that there are two instances of things: Address Book, and Address Book-All. So too there used to be Calendar, and Calendar-All.

After the upgrade to v4.5 "Calendar" is now gone, leaving just "Calendar-All"

Perhaps both Missing Sync and Desktop Manager need the "Calendar" to sync?

Any thoughts on what steps I should take to resolve my calendar issues?

Thanks,

V
    03-02-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD