So the side buttons and keyboard now doesn't work . yesterday was working, then not, then being crazy and now it is done. have tried everything, battery, reloading new os etc... and nothing, left it sit all night w/o battery. I don't think i have a warranty cause i bought it refurb from sprint in november off ebay. and the moisture sticker under trackball is red, although it was never wet, another wierd thing! i don't want to buy another
    03-29-09 10:44 AM
    Sounds like you have done just about everything. Red sticker not good, means it may have moisture some how. take in the sauna at the gym J/K, but it sounds like another device might be in order. Sorry to hear this has happened
    03-29-09 10:51 AM
    Not sure how long ago it was "exposed" to liquid but if you want to give it a shot - drop it in a bag of rice for a day or 2.

Remove the battery, insert device in the rice and wait. 24/48 hours later try to power it up. You will then know if you need a new one or not..... It doesnt take much liquid for this to happen, a few weeks back someone had this happen from shower steam .

Good luck
    03-29-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD