Currently I have a white bold but I really wanna get a 8330, is that weird to go back to an older model? What are the pro's and cons? Any help/advice is welcome!
    01-24-10 07:38 AM
    There are a number of people who 'downgrade'to an older device. Your biggest loss will be memorywise, with a device that in all may prove to be a little slower in some ways, but really isn't all that bad. I still tap-tap-tap on my Curve just fine. And no, to be considered weird, you would have to be a LOT crazier than this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 07:45 AM
    The other thing you will miss is speed. The Bold's processor is just faster. I might suggest you give the 9700 or new curve a try as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 08:04 AM
    You will be sacrificing WiFi as well. I have an 8330 and like it, but really want a BB with WiFi.
    01-24-10 08:15 AM
    My 8330 is a workhorse. It helps me keep organized and my business running ahead. It does ALL I need it to. HOWEVER, as my business progresses, I will need a faster device as well as one that will allow me to travel internationally, so in that regards, I will be looking for another on my upgrade, otherwise, I would have stayed with my 8330. I will have it, however, as a backup just in case my new device gives out. We all know how reliable and sturdy the 8330 is, hardware-wise, as well as software-wise. And to answer your question, NO you are not crazy to want to have a proven worthy device. In my opinion, however, I would advise you to get a device that will allow you to keep up with the times. The new 5.0 OS for the Curve, even with serious OS shrinking, will take up a lot of memory and hinder it from keeping up with the ever evolving tech industry. In the event that your business or personal needs do not require you from straying from the 4.5 OS, then by all means, go for the device that has proven over and over again, why it is one of the most reliable, consistent, AND durable smart-phones to ever have graced it's genre... Bar None. The only mishaps that I have PERSONALLY heard of from the 8330 resulted from user errors as well as user negligence.
    01-24-10 10:32 AM
    I love my 8330....it is a workhorse....
    wifi isn't all its cracked up to be....very weak on the curve 2.....

Think about your needs vs wants and that will help with your selection.
    01-24-10 10:42 AM
    Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'm going for the 8320, the internet browser and email are the most important things for me, as far as keeping up with technology I'm ok with an older version/telephone, plus I really like how the 8320 looks compared to the bold I have now, also everyone seems to have a bold and I think I'm pretty happy with a 8320, which seems to be an awesome phone to me
    01-24-10 03:18 PM
    I would strongly suggest you look at the 8520, not the 8320. The device has a faster processor and a LOT more memory. The 64mb on the 8320 can get used up pretty quick with today's programs. Also, the 8520 has both wifi and GPS (not just wifi).
    01-24-10 03:24 PM
    I still have a difficult time deciding what I should do to be honest, the 8320 seems to be a great phone but I'm afraid I'm too used to my blackberry when it comes to speed and memory, I'm not sure if it's a good choice for me to downgrade...I really like how the 8320 looks, also everyone seems to have either the new curve or bold and I'd rather have a different blackberry
    01-25-10 05:56 AM
    I would say stay away from all of them. I got the 8330 about 3 months ago and loved it at first and now it is completely frustrating. Can't view videos from MANY sites; can't view videos sent to me via email (can't tell you how many friends have sent me things and then call me to ask "did you see what I sent you?" and I have to reply "No, I couldn't get it on my blackberry". I was at the time considering the Droid (should have done it, my friend did and he is loving it!!!! Too late now. Live and learn I guess.
    01-25-10 08:16 AM
    If you are going to take money into account, unless t-mobile will allow you to upgrade for free to an 8320 then you shuold take a look at the 8520, it had more things and if you are buying without the contracts costs less to buy.

your memory would be a huge issue as well as many features such as your threaded SMS and whatnot.
    01-25-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD