issues started friday night....I have on and off access to the bis network, I have on and off access to text messaging, when I run the "diagnostic test" under the mobile network options the unit will freeze and shut off most of the time. I attempt to register again under the host routing table, and it goes through after a few hours most of the time.....

I'm wondering if this is an issue with my phone or the alltel/blackberry network.....and....what to do??

thanks!

oh, I've done numerous battery pulls, attempted to resend books through email setup but can't because the browser won't load, i went to alltel.blackberry.com and tried to send books from there but it says it must be done through the phones browser. i'm at a loss here.....not sure what to try next??
    Last edited by itsjustin; 06-28-09 at 08:16 AM.
    06-28-09 07:42 AM
    What OS version are you running on the device?

Go to Options > About and read the 3rd line.

And that's a weird message about the Service Books. You should be able to send them from either place. What happens when you send them from the Email Setup on the device?
    06-28-09 09:18 AM
    os v4.5.0.127

just got off the phone for the last 45 minutes with Alltel, he said it looks like there is some "min number" issue on there end....something about possibly mixing up my phone with another.

so....now I wait.....to see if they can fix it.....

no phone until then! yay alltel!
    06-28-09 09:21 AM
    Ok. Well once you get it straightened out, you might want to upgrade from that version. That version was pretty cruddy.
    06-28-09 10:46 AM
    what is the newest os and where can I find it? I thought that one was the most recent.....??
    06-28-09 06:41 PM
    That is the latest Alltel release, but it was (IMHO) awful.

Go to the stickied threads at the top of the 8330 forum section for links and instructions.

Or go to BlackBerry - Update your Device Software on your computer. Be sure that you use Internet Explorer (yuck) because the online update won't work with Firefox.
    06-28-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD