Can I use an ATT 8310 body on the Sprint 8330? Are these phones physically the same and the only difference being the netowrk they oprate on? I want the red exterior and Sprint only offers the black or titanium.
    Last edited by Corn; 07-06-08 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo
    07-06-08 10:52 AM
    yes. the guts will fit, but you'll need the complete ATT housing AND keyboard tray as the buttons surrounding the trackball are a different shape.

this kit, for example: BlackBerry Curve 8310 OEM Crimson complete housing - AT&T- Samsung, Apple, Sony, LG, Nokia, HTC, SonyEricsson, Acer, Mobiado, Motorola, Pan
    07-06-08 10:58 AM
    Thanks for your help!
    07-06-08 11:18 AM
    wait, the housings are different.....8300/10/20's housings are different from the cdma housings
    07-06-08 12:14 PM
    wait, the housings are different.....8300/10/20's housings are different from the cdma housings
    nosh*t.

but the internals are arranged identically. i've done the swap for others.
    07-06-08 12:27 PM
    so ur tellin me that if i buy a gsm lens and housing that it can be fitted onto my curve.
    07-06-08 12:37 PM
    so ur tellin me that if i buy a gsm lens and housing that it can be fitted onto my curve.
    i said what i posted. go read my post since you decided to skip over it. i dont think i should have to post it twice in a 7 post thread.
    07-06-08 12:41 PM
    i said what i posted. go read my post since you decided to skip over it. i dont think i should have to post it twice in a 7 post thread.
    dude u need to take that smart sh*t somewhere else im far from dumb and I also know how to read, contrary to what u believe.

I asked u a simple question for confirmation but for some reason u gotta get smart, yeah, ur better than all of us here, and wait, of course your sh*t don't stink, right?

u can officially kick rocks, i didnt come at u in any negative or offensive way, so why don't u grow up and stop being a snotty nosed kid
    07-06-08 12:46 PM
    dude u need to take that smart sh*t somewhere else im far from dumb and I also know how to read, contrary to what u believe.

I asked u a simple question for confirmation but for some reason u gotta get smart, yeah, ur better than all of us here, and wait, of course your sh*t don't stink, right?

u can officially kick rocks, i didnt come at u in any negative or offensive way, so why don't u grow up and stop being a snotty nosed kid
    why dont you simply read? why do i have to "confirm it" for you? i dont have to prove anything to you, believe what i say or not and leave it at that.

it's a really simple concept. like reading.
    07-06-08 12:49 PM
    im not going to waste my time arguing with you. your obviously to dense to understand the concept of helping people who ask u simple questions. there are tons of us cdma curve owners who dont like the color of our BB's, and when someone comes along saying that this can be done successfully, i want to confirm that we are on the same page, because alot of people DONT know that the housings are different, and then post incorrect information...

So internet tough guy, like i said, u can kick rocks, i wont be revisiting this post, so save your cocky tough guy thru a computer response for someone else who cares
    07-06-08 12:54 PM
    yes. the guts will fit, but you'll need the complete ATT housing AND keyboard tray as the buttons surrounding the trackball are a different shape.

this kit, for example: BlackBerry Curve 8310 OEM Crimson complete housing - AT&T- Samsung, Apple, Sony, LG, Nokia, HTC, SonyEricsson, Acer, Mobiado, Motorola, Pan
    by keyboard tray do you mean the actual keypad? So I would get that kit linked and the keypad listed underneath? BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM full black keyboard set- LG, Sony, 3G, Nokia, Dopod/O2, Mobiado, SonyEricsson, Accessories Store, Microso

thanks
    07-06-08 01:33 PM
    Ok, not to hijack this thread, but since the OP's question has been asked and answered, I have a question of my own along the same line...

I have a 8300, I just picked up a 8310, the trackball on the 8310 feels really "choppy" my 8300 trackball action is really smooth and I want to know if I could swap the trackball from the 8300 onto the 8310 and vise versa?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 02:24 PM
    Easy now, go easy. It's getting a little warm here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD