Hi there,

I just bought an 8320 and can use UMA WiFi except for our wireless network at school. Sorta!

I can send text, attach pics and send them over the wireless. I was able to even make a phone call using wifi unti today. I send off a question to the district tech person and this is their response.

"No there is no key. Our wireless uses Active Directory for authentication. Our wireless is not up to accept blackberry clients."

The district server dished out the wep key. The software on the phone does not have an option for this, it only asks for the wep key. All other options were there. So I am thinking that some protocols get through the wireless and http and whaterver else does not.

Any ideas out there? Would greatly be appreciated!!!!!!
    09-27-07 12:22 PM
    Depending upon the wifi and active directory configuration, your device may need to be added as a client device. Some organizations use AD to authenticate devices by the domain they are registered to, sometimes by the user who has logged in, and sometimes, even though it is not really an AD function, by MAC address.

You may want to tell them it is a standard handheld and email the MAC address to them and see what they can do, since most windows mobile devices do not authenticate wirelessly via AD.
    09-28-07 05:09 AM
    I will ask. It did not help matters when UMA went down in california, Nevada, Arizona et. al.,. There is definitely a Learning Curve.
    09-30-07 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD