I just installed the new os .174 on my 8320 last friday night and now phone has started shutting down @ random times. I have to do a battery pull to start it back up, nothing else will work. Everything else seems to be fine. Two of the three times it has shut down was while it was being charged, once plugged into the wall and once on the car charger. Any ideas what is going on??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 11:17 AM
    I just installed the new os .174 on my 8320 last friday night and now phone has started shutting down @ random times. I have to do a battery pull to start it back up, nothing else will work. Everything else seems to be fine. Two of the three times it has shut down was while it was being charged, once plugged into the wall and once on the car charger. Any ideas what is going on??

I think you should downgrade to OS version .163, it seems to be the best working for the 8320. I've installed version .174 twice on my phone, it didn't restart or anything, but in my opinion, it worked terribly with the official BBM 5 and new Facebook.

Some of my friends also complain about OS version .161, so it leads me to believe that the official BBM 5 and Facebook works better on a lower platform OS like version .163.

Try OS version .163, it works great for me. Hope it works great on your 8320!
    10-22-09 11:28 AM
    I had .163 but upgraded when .174 for more space and speed. I will probably go back and wait for the next one to come out.

10-22-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD