I went into T-Mobile today and asked them if I could get a pair of stereo bluetooth headphones to listen to music on my 8320. They told me that the 8320 doesn't support stereo bluetooth headphones. I thought this was odd so went online and it says it does support it. So called T-mobile to ask a tech and he said he called a Rimm Blackberry tech and they told him that all the blackberrys don't support stereo bluetooth. I can't believe this. Has anyone got stereo bluetooth to work on their curve? Should I just get one and Try it anyway? Please let me know if you have had success with using bluetooth stereo headphones for music and video on your Curve. Thanks
    10-17-08 06:19 PM
    i use stereo bluetooth all the time

10-17-08 06:27 PM
    Headset (stereo) is one of the supported BB bluetooth services.
    10-17-08 06:34 PM
    stereo bluetooth has always worked on my curve, even when i had 4.2.2.184...
    10-17-08 06:34 PM
    i use stereo bluetooth all the time

so tmo lied to me. Or do they just not know?
    This is good to know seeing as I think I broke my headphone jack on the curve. only comes out of the right ear even with wired headphones.
    10-17-08 06:40 PM
    are you sure you didnt just break the headphones, cause it seems like it would be pretty hard to break the headphone jack...
    10-17-08 06:41 PM
    I've had that happen where the headphone got f@cked on a music player. I'd have to constantly jiggle it just so to keep it working.
    10-17-08 06:45 PM
    are you sure you didnt just break the headphones, cause it seems like it would be pretty hard to break the headphone jack...
    Yea I tested it with 3 other pairs of headphones (wired ones) and it only comes out of the right ear. I tried to bbm you to ask u another question sorry to have bothered you man. But I just wanted to know what pair of bluetooth headphones you use. I now need to find a good pair since you said it does work. What happened was the wired ones were plugged in and the adapter to make it from 2.5 mm to 3.5mm is long and bent while in the bb and it messed something up in the jack on the bb. so I think I broke something inside the phone and jack.
    10-17-08 06:46 PM
    I've had that happen where the headphone got f@cked on a music player. I'd have to constantly jiggle it just so to keep it working.

was it the jack or the headphones?
    Last edited by benzworm; 10-17-08 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added quote
    10-17-08 06:47 PM
    Tried to wiggle it around and play with it. Didn't make any difference only the right ear. Really sucks if I have to get a new bb just for music which is what the tmo guy was telling me. I don't know if he was just trying to get me to get another or not.
    10-17-08 06:48 PM
    Yea I tested it with 3 other pairs of headphones (wired ones) and it only comes out of the right ear. I tried to bbm you to ask u another question sorry to have bothered you man. But I just wanted to know what pair of bluetooth headphones you use. I now need to find a good pair since you said it does work. What happened was the wired ones were plugged in and the adapter to make it from 2.5 mm to 3.5mm is long and bent while in the bb and it messed something up in the jack on the bb. so I think I broke something inside the phone and jack.
    i don't use bluetooth headphones, i use this...

Insignia Bluetooth Receiver for Apple� iPod� Speaker Docks
    10-17-08 06:48 PM
    was it the jack or the headphones?
    The jack. I could use the headphones in another device no problem, or another pair of head phones in the bad device with the same problem. What I found happens is that if you accidentily jam the jack in to far it messes up the bottom of the jack and the connector loses contact with that part. It would always be the same side of any headphones I would use.
    10-17-08 06:51 PM
    The jack. I could use the headphones in another device no problem, or another pair of head phones in the bad device with the same problem. What I found happens is that if you accidentily jam the jack in to far it messes up the bottom of the jack and the connector loses contact with that part. It would always be the same side of any headphones I would use.
    that sucks, but if you can solder...

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM headphone jack
    10-17-08 06:54 PM
    that sucks, but if you can solder...

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM headphone jack
    It's not my BB thank god. An old walkman.
    10-17-08 06:55 PM
    It's not my BB thank god. An old walkman.
    oh ok, whoo

i felt bad for ya
    10-17-08 06:56 PM
    [QUOTE=benzworm;845546]i don't use bluetooth headphones, i use this...

Insignia Bluetooth Receiver for Apple� iPod� Speaker Docks

When you use that thing for your apple dock, it goes thro as stereo bluetooth right? so it would do the same for headphones? Sounds like it would in theory.
    10-17-08 07:18 PM
    it sure does.. it uses the a2dp
    10-17-08 07:40 PM
    It definitely works on a T-Mobile curve. I use the motorola bluetooth headset and I love it!!! I don't like cords but I'm in the gym all the time so this is perfect for me.
    10-18-08 02:16 AM
    I have the newest TMO handset firmware installed and have several stereo BT headsets that all sucessfully pair with the unit and register the green checkbox for stereo headset when they attach. Why does the headset not show up when I play Video media?

If I use the RCA jack headset shows up. The handset shows up and so does the speakerphone. But if I am using a paired BT Stereo headset that says it matches the spec that the 8320 claims is supports it is not there.

Any one have any idea's. Maybe a bug with the new TMO handheld firmware?

Next stop TMO Tech support.....
    12-06-08 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD