My Blackberry Curve 8320 suddenly stopped ringing or giving alerts. It�s also stopped using special profiles I�ve set up (i.e., unique tones for emails from certain individuals). It was working one day, stopped working the next. NOTHING changed in that time; did not change profiles, did not download new software, did not use headphones or bluetooth device; did not power down. In fact, all I did was check email a few times.

I�ve triple-checked that nothing is set to mute. Tones still play when I go into Edit Profiles. Multiple battery pulls have not worked. Any suggestions?
    08-28-09 06:21 PM
    I would probably look to see if there's any OS updates available for yours if you think you'll feel comfortable doing an update. I had something like that happen where my alarm tone stopped working all of a sudden and I upgraded my OS and it now works fine.
    08-28-09 06:53 PM
    i had a problem with my SD card and none of my ringers worked, not even my preloaded device ones. i had to format my card and now the ringers work on my phone.
    08-28-09 09:31 PM
    My OS is up to date. And I don't have an SD card installed.

I've noticed that non-native Blackberry apps seem to have correct functioning with sound. It's only the native Blackberry apps -- Phone, Tasks -- that aren't working.
    08-29-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD