I have blackberry 8320, I bought it frm some other place so i dont have warranty left. Anyways the problem is that It doesnt detect charging, it shows that it charging but charging persent never increases. I have got new blackberry batteries 100% charged but when my phone boots up it shows low battery and then the error come "shutting down handheld" please help me what is the problem. Some on other thread suggested me "Rehot or Reball the CPU" but I dont know what it means !!! Help me !!!
    11-05-09 06:03 AM
    It sounds like there is a hardware problem with the phone power circuitry that is causing it not to draw power from the battery properly. Are the battery contacts clean in the battery compartment? Give them a good rubbing with a pencil eraser in case there is any oxide buildup on them. Has the phone been wet? If it has, put it in a bowl or bag of dry rice (with the battery removed) for a few days to dry it out. Does it work normally when plugged into AC power?

I have no idea what "Rehot or Reball the CPU" might mean either...
    11-05-09 06:37 AM
    thanks 4 reply.
    Man the board is dry. I even cleaned the board properly. The problem remains the same. I have changed several bateries. Flashed it several times but phone shows low batery. Where as if i put the same batery in other b.b it shows full. When i put my b.b on ac power it shows charging but phone never gets charge and after puling out the charger after hours it shows batery low and handset shuts off. Anybody can help ? As im living in a area where is no authorised b.b harwdware vendor. No body knows whats the problem. Help me out please. Im willing to post pictures of board.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 12:44 AM
    What board did you clean? It sounds like your charging circuit has failed. It could be a broken wire in your USB connector.

11-06-09 05:50 AM
    i dont know whats wrong. Anybody can help me with that ?it is not picking up full batery so i gues the issue is not charging.

11-06-09 08:06 AM
    anybody ?

11-07-09 12:15 PM
    When I had charger issues with my 8700c, I was using an iGo charger for my Curve and got a new tip for the 8700c. It didn't work. It would go on for about 5 seconds and go off. When I hooked it up to an original RIM 'swingblade' charger for the 8700c, it worked just fine. Whodathunkit?? Hope this helps...
    Does it charge when hooked up to your computer?

11-07-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD