I'm new on Blackberry; I just got a T-Mobile Curve 8320. It is unlocked and I'm using with Fido carrier with no data plan. The OS is 4.5.0.52.
    My problem: I can't browse the internet with Wi-Fi option: Wi-Fi is on, the phone appears to pe connected to a router/hotspot and I don't have an IP address on Wi-Fi diagnostics. I'm gettting the error W010 or W002.

I tried to connect to my home router (2wire) and to a linksys; both were 'Open'. I tried to scan and connect to another open Wi-Fi hotspots (University, Starbucks). Still I can't connect to internet; the Wi-Fi icon is grayed.
    The signals are strong (35-70dB) and I tried to reset the phone (reinserted the battery) without success.

I did everything from:
    hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f65/complete-wifi-how-47229/

It seems I'm missing something simple: do I have to buy a Blackberry data plan or to register some certificates?

Thanks,
    Eugen
    07-21-08 04:57 PM
    The internet connection issue is solved ! I had to "set data services to Off When Roaming".
    The idea came after finding a previous post from 'sunkast' - Thanks !
    07-22-08 09:53 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Chalk up another one for SuperBad.

Good to hear you got connected.
    07-22-08 09:59 AM
    I am getting the same message and likewise tried everything in that forum post to no avail. Where exactly do you "set data services to Off When Roaming" ? I'm new to Blackberry's and cannot find that setting anywhere.

Thanks!
    08-18-08 05:20 PM
    thanks thats what i needed too
    08-18-08 05:42 PM
    thanks thats what i needed too
    So how did you do it? Ahhhhh!
    08-18-08 09:16 PM
    Options / Mobile Network.

I use mine with Wifi exclusively, I keep my data services set to ON and WiFi Only.
    08-18-08 09:21 PM
    I'd been having the hardest time getting mine to work with my router. It's working now, I have no idea why as I hadn't even set that option yet. I only hope that when I get back to my University's campus tomorrow that UMA will work... I was able to connect to the network but I never got wi-fi speeds nor did I get the UMA.
    08-18-08 09:27 PM
    Yay thank you so much i finally was able to connect to my home network
    11-13-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD