hey guys,

a BB newbie here, hope someone here can help. Been looking at jumping onto the BB wagon for a few weeks now but my upgrade was not due till xmas so i thought I would pick up a used BB off ebay.

So I managed to get a mint 8320 off ebay, was delivered yesterday and been playing with it last night. Thought i would get it unlocked as it was originally on the BT Mobile network but having stumbled upon this page I found that the phone was unlocked:

blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_determine_if_my_BlackBerry_is_%22unlocked %22%3F

I have tried both Vodafone contract and T-mobile pay-as-you-go SIM cards but keep getting 'Searching for Network' message initially and then 'No Network' message. The Voda SIM does sometimes show a GSM signal but won't allow calls (maybe this is due to BT Mobile piggy-backing on the Voda network?).

Anyone help? I've tried removing the battery and replacing it after 5 minutes or so and still not working. Do I need to have BIS added to my account for the SIM card to work in the BB 8320? Or has the unlock process not worked?

Also, there desn't seem to be anyway of getting a BT SIM card to try in the phone as they don't do pre-paid and i don't know anyone with a BT mobile phone.

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help
    08-26-09 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD