I have a 8320 with t-mobile, about 2 days ago I noticed that my internet was not working in non wi-fi areas (works great on wi-fi).

according to all my setting I am connected to t he mobile network EDGE is written in capital letters and I do not know what is wrong, it is very frustrating as I do not get my emails and am unable to surf the web from anywhere without wi-fi and I am at my wit's end.

I have tried quick pull as well as physically pulling the battery to no avail and don't really know where else to turn.

One other thing I noticed which may or may not be related is that whenever I do a quickpull I get a notification about the device needing to be reset so that modules can be installed but I do not know how to get to that prompt without quickpull and I cant respond to it before the device resets that way.

Please help!

Thanks
    08-19-09 09:36 AM
    Your 8320 has two distinct Browsers. I suspect your default is currently set to Hotspot Browser. That is the one that uses your Wifi connection directly. The alternalte choice is the Internet Browser which will use your Wifi connection, if it enables UMA, or the carrier network when out of range.

Options / Advanced Options / Browser. Highlight the default Browser and press the trackball. Select Internet Browser and save the changes.

08-19-09 09:40 AM
    Thank you but Internet Browser was already set as my default. If you have any other ideas it would be appreciated
    08-19-09 09:56 AM
    I finally got enough free time and access to a land line so I called t-mobile support and was very happy with the service I got.

To solve the problem we went into
    options>advanced options>Service books and deleted all teh service books except for the email

next step is to go to
    options>advanced options> host routing tables
    click menu and register now.

After that you just need to do a battery pull and life is good again.
    08-19-09 11:40 AM
    Excellent, thank your for posting back with a solution, it will likely help others in future.
    08-19-09 11:57 AM
    thnx that hlpd alot was aving same prob
    08-18-13 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD