Hey everyone - I need your help and suggestions...

I have an 8320 which was working great until last week. I *finally* loaded Viigo (which I love), but now I'm fighting a losing battle against memory leaks which occasionally wipe out some of my emails, and are constanly wiping out my call logs. This had only happened to me a few times before I loaded the app, but now it's constant. Even though I monitor my file free data, my call logs are being wiped out even if I have more than 1,000,000 free.

My file free is currently 8,690,585 and I'm constantly monitoring it and doing battery pulls.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or at least prevent my call logs from being deleted?

Thanks for your help!
    05-07-08 02:04 PM
    You absolutely have to get your free memory to 12Mb free if you wish this problem to go away.

Even then you should be doing a battery pull at least once a week.

I don't know what you have already done to you phone to get rid of unwanted applications and modules but the first thing to do is to delete the Blackberry demo video. It's 2Mb

Also try these links and then come back here if you need more helpl

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ
    Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ
    05-07-08 02:15 PM
    I would do what Pete6 said. Follow the guides to freeing up memory and utilize John Clark's how-to on deleting unwanted apps. I have Viigo and it is always running in the background. Since deleting some unwanted apps a couple of weeks ago (for me primariy PTT since I've got ATT) I have not had any memory leaks. I am always around 21 or 22 mb. Now I don't have a lot of other apps downloaded except, google maps, empower pro, suduko, blackberry fitness, beyond 411, opera mini, weathereye and one additional theme. Good luck.
    05-07-08 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the advice and links, Pete6!! I'll start working on this now. I'll report back to let you know what happens!
    05-07-08 02:35 PM
    Thanks 3bondgirls - I'll let you know what happens.
    05-07-08 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD