Anyone hear of this one before?...

I'm on my TMobile 8320, wifi on connected to my home router, GoogleMaps up viewing sattelite maps...

The right side of the screen (maybe 2/3rds) goes haywire...can't even describe it...then the entire thing goes black (no screen light or keypad light).

I noticed the back of the phone was a bit warmer than usual, but I didn't think much of it.

Took the battery out and put it back in...the red LED lights for maybe 2 seconds, then nothing. BUT...when you connect it via USB it's on and you can see the SD card folders and files.

You can't make an outbound call...no keypad. Last night it would vibrate on inbound calls but you couldn't pick them up...today it won't even do that...just rings 4 times and rolls to vmail.

This phone is about 30 days old, never dropped or wet, babied the entire time...new one is on the way but any idea what happened?

Oh, the back of the SIM card is a little discolored (not the contacts, but the plastic piece, but I don't know if it was all white like the front or if TMobile's cards have a color swirl pattern to the back (thinking something got hot and blew maybe).

Anyone hear anything similar? THANKS!
    10-10-08 05:26 PM
    i would just take it back
    10-10-08 05:32 PM
    If it were me, I'd see about being able to return the phone for warranty exchange. Otherwise you will be stuck with a phone that doesn't work like it should. After 30 days you will more likely than not get a .... "brand spanking new, never touched by human hands because it was packed by monkeys", phone.

If you get a new phone, great, but don't expect it.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 10-10-08 at 05:48 PM.
    10-10-08 05:45 PM
    If it were me, I'd see about being able to return the phone for warranty exchange. Otherwise you will be stuck with a phone that doesn't work like it should. After 30 days you will more likely than not get a .... "brand spanking new, never touched by human hands because it was packed by monkeys", phone.

If you get a new phone, great, but don't expect it.
    Supposedly it's a new one that's on it's way since this one died so fast...but we'll see.
    10-10-08 06:04 PM
    i would just take it back
    As I mentioned in the post...a new one is on it's way, but won't be here until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week...just wondering if anyone else has recovered a Curve from this state.
    10-10-08 06:05 PM
    Doubtful.........sorry about your luck!
    10-10-08 06:08 PM
    I wouldnt even try to mess with it, just contact them and have them send you a new one..
    10-10-08 06:15 PM
    Doubtful.........sorry about your luck!
    I guess there's always a few lemons in every bunch...lucky me!
    10-10-08 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD