So, similiar to JImenezCA's thread about a BES 8320, I find myself a little further along the line, but still having trouble getting BBM and email to work...

My wife has been using this ratty old 8320 that I found and coaxed back to life. It is an unlocked T-mobile (on Rogers) BES phone running 4.5.0.81(108).

We recently got a sweet retentions plan, so she now has 500mb of data (though not BIS blackberry package).

After playing around, trying to set up BBM (4.5.0 - i loaded from DM). I realized her phone was locked up from the old BES, and, with help from good ol' CB, I cracked it with CrackUtil.

The red 'padlock' is now gone, but I am having trouble getting any sort of email setup (only gives 'email setup' for BES still...I want to attach her gmail acct.). BBM is there and opens, however, when I try and add contacts, it just leaves them at pending...

So what should I do?

To answer my own question in regards to the BBM, maybe I will try and delete it and reload it, seeing as I had added it before I removed the IT policy...but I am stumped about the email...

help?
    THanks!
    09-23-10 01:39 PM
    So, I tried deleting the app, and reloading bbm 4.5 thru DM, and still, nothing....

and still stuck on the email...

Wipe and do fresh install of whole OS?
    09-23-10 02:59 PM
    We recently got a sweet retentions plan, so she now has 500mb of data (though not BIS blackberry package).
    In order to use Blackberry services (BBM, email, etc) you must have a Blackberry Data Plan.
    09-23-10 03:37 PM
    Durrrr....I thought it might be something like that :s. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD