Hi, recently been converted to the wonderful world of the "BB user".

Not sure of forum "Etiquette" so if this is in the wrong section, could the Moderators post it in the relevant place, and please forgive me if I cross any boundaries regarding programs or stuff I shouldn't be using.

I have a Bold 9000 which I have managed to unlock, PHEW, that was an experience, , but I also have an 8320 Curve which I bought off ebay, and it is giving me allsorts of headaches,

I bought it knowing that it was giving the "2 blinks...pause...2 blinks, and so on" of the LED, so I have been trawling through this fantastic forum looking for some insight as to how to rectify the problem.

Unfortunately I seem to have hit a dead end as it were.

I have tried a lot of different methods to try and solve this problem, but I always seem to get the same result at the end.

Tried on 2 pc's, one with "XP Pro Sp2", the other with "Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit"

Methods tried..........

I connected it upto "BBSAK", message comes up saying, "No device detected"

"BB Desktop Manager" version 4.3 upwards, again, says no device found, but it does allow me to "Update" online, but it hangs on the "Load JVM and system software" part of the update service.

Tried the "Apploader" within the Handheld OS (with the Vendor.xml file deleted)

Tried "MFI Multiloader", both versions, and it says the PIN is 00000000, then it says it "Cannot connect to the radio" as it may be password protected.

I have the original box that the hanset came in so, I have the PIN, and the IMEI that it came with.

Sorry for such a lengthy first post, but are there any of you guys out there that have any ideas if this is fixable, or do I have a nice trendy paper weight,

Many thanks for taking the time to read this little epic.

Fingers crossed.

Shaun.
    08-25-10 06:21 AM
    Just done a bit more searching regarding the issues with my 8320, and have come across some upsetting news, maybe the phone has been blocked due to it possibly being stolen?,

I know the handset never cost a great deal but, I'm in a bit of a situation now, do I just count my losses, or get onto the seller and demand a refund

I just find it strange that I have the original box for the phone, and all of the numbers tally up.

Any knowledge from folks who know would be appreciated greatly.

Shaun.
    08-25-10 08:43 AM
    Tried "MFI Multiloader", both versions, and it says the PIN is 00000000, then it says it "Cannot connect to the radio" as it may be password protected.

This is likely your problem. That is illegal software. And when you use it, you run the risk of permanently bricking the device.

The PIN showing up as all zeros is typically indicative of a device that has been bricked by that software.
    08-25-10 11:15 AM
    Hi Motorcycle Mama, cheers for your reply.

I know that the software isn't legal, but it was showing no conection at all in Desktop Manager even before I installed it.

I have tried a few other things, and have come across another set of errors.

When using a .cmd app loader, it gets so far then this pops up.......

"Error sector Failed" due to a "Communications Error"

Any further advice would be great, as this isn't going to beat me, .

Once again, thanks for your reply.

Shaun.
    08-25-10 01:34 PM
    Well, the further advice is that you cannot discuss illegal software on the CrackBerry.com forums.
    08-25-10 05:16 PM
    Best thing anyone will tell you is to contact the vendor and ask why they sold you a stolen BB then go from there.
    08-25-10 05:44 PM
    Thanks for the replies, and I will be getting back to the seller, and asking him some questions regarding the issues of the 00000000 PIN code situation.

Rest assured, I will not be asking any further questions concerning illegal software, as this seems to be a great source of invaluable knowledge from a lot of well respected people.

Cheers.

Shaun.
    08-25-10 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD