Hi,

The phone stopped working after a call and reset with the Device Error: 394. I have reloaded the OS several times trying 3 different machines and 2 different cables. The Desktop manager gets stuck on Reconnecting to JVM with the phone rebooting with Device Error 394 Reset screen. JL_Cmder will not recognise the phone. I have tried the brick solution several times, The Application loader /nojvm trick and CrackMem v3.4.

Have even tried the latest OS for the 8320 curve v4.5.0.81_p2.7.0.78 but no luck, this same OS works fine on my brothers 8320 upgraded on the same desktop PC.

Could someone explain what 394 means, or any incling of what this error may represent. The OS appears to be restored but when the phone resets with the 394 error no applications can be loaded.

Regards

Tim
    02-01-10 02:53 PM
    Does the os download completely when you try it?
    02-01-10 03:20 PM
    Try using App Loader to reload the OS instead of DM.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
    02-01-10 03:22 PM
    Ok have you tried bbsak to wipe the phone if that will recognize it? Also a trick that someone told me that worked after nothing else would. Connect your BB to usb cable with the battery out! Open DM. Then put the battery back in. Then try to reinstall the OS. I know it sounds stupid but it worked. My DM kept hanging up to.
    02-01-10 03:30 PM
    That's generally used for when the OS is completely wiped and your device is not recognized by your PC. There a 101 lecture specifically for that situation.
    02-01-10 03:42 PM
    Ok after doing some research goto this link it explains what to do if JL_cmder does not recognize or wipe the phone. GSM-Forum - View Single Post - 7290 eror 365 contact service provider. Good luck. I hope i have helped.
    02-01-10 03:43 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for all your help. Sorry I have not replied sooner been traveling today. I will try your last solution fdb8231 and get back to you. The OS appears to load OK but regardless of whether I use Apploader (loader /nojvm) or the Device Manager the same thing happens and the device hangs with the 394 error. I have seen many references to this error but no real solution.

I think maybe that the phone is not bricked but has some other technical issue?

Regards

Tim
    02-02-10 12:46 AM
    Yup I tried your suggestion, but the instructions are what I have been doing anyhow. Removing the battery etc. The apploader again failed while trying to reconnect to the JVM with the above mentioned error as the phone reset. Eventually Application loader will time out and throw up a dialog. Must have installed several different OS's now with the same result. I thinks its safe to say that this is a hardware issue and cannot be resolved through reinstalling the OS.

Thanks for the help. It would be useful if someone from Blackberry could inform their users what this error code signifies. Must be hundreds of users with this error posting on the internet and no one knows what is causing the error or the solution.

Regards

Tim
    02-02-10 03:48 AM
    Have you wiped before reinstalling or just install over the old OS?
    02-02-10 04:05 AM
    You left out the part where you used the MFI multiloader.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=172125

Error 394 just means that the OS failed to load.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 04:37 AM
    Have you wiped before reinstalling or just install over the old OS?
    Hi,

Firstly thanks for your time

I tried with jl_cmder on different machines with and without the battery installed and just get a COM error. Interestingly if i pull the USB cable just after application loader erases the OS I just get a blinking red light. If i then put the OS back on I get the 394 error and the reconnecting to JVM problem.

I am downloading the MFI application and will try that, although I have heard horror stories about using this application?

Regards

Tim
    02-02-10 05:16 PM
    You left out the part where you used the MFI multiloader.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=172125

Error 394 just means that the OS failed to load.

Hooty,

Read that thread yesterday. The user is getting device error 394, So this will probably not work. Are you sure 394 means this? I got the error after the phone decided to reset straight after a call, no updates had been done to the phone since purchase, until the error. Think this must just be hardware. Should I really try this application. Please help.

Regards

Tim
    Last edited by Timbo70; 02-02-10 at 05:32 PM.
    02-02-10 05:28 PM
    No. I do not recommend MFI. You posted in that thread so I assumed that you already tried it. My bad. You can permanently kill your phone with MFI.

02-02-10 06:31 PM
    Oh thanks hooty.

Got a replacement phone yesterday, will give up on the other one. The new phone did not have the task list or memos installed and the desktop manager would not let me install them (Currently developing sync solution so need these apps). I deleted the vendor.xml file and installed the latest OS. New phone reset with a 509 error go figure. I removed the battery a couple of times and the desktop manager finally completed and the new phone works with latest OS. Are these phones always this flakey?

Regards

Tim
    02-03-10 04:39 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. The only problems I've had with mine has been caused by user error. Maybe you need to remove your DM and redownload it.
    02-03-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD