I just got a hand-me-down 8320 as a present (dont get me wrong, i love it lol) but i noticed that it'll delete text messages before i can read them! when i get to the phone, i'll see the hourglass then "no messages", when i clearly heard the notifications. It also deletes sent messages on its own... hm. it worked fine for a couple hours, then started acting this way.

Also theres a ringtone file on there that i cant delete at all. and it says it's last modified date was "1969", so maybe the person who had this before me had some kind of viral file? idk. but anyways, the mystery of the missing texts is killing me! help anyone? thanks
    12-26-09 03:44 PM
    how much free memory is there?

go into options > status > look at "file free"
    12-26-09 04:23 PM
    memory leakage...bummer definitly, maybe a memory card and transfer media to it, and or transfer media thats saved to phone to media card already installed should help. clear cache. clear phone logs. close running programs. hope this helps
    12-26-09 04:35 PM
    i agree with mostlydo, try holding down alt, and press LGLG. press the blackberry key and delete that log. media card is a necessity for blackberries, because the device doesn't have enough memory to hold--say 10 pictures without running slow.
    12-27-09 12:32 PM
    The above suggestions are good, but not sufficient. You need to run the CrackBerry Memory Optimization procedure written by Reed McLay: How to Increase BlackBerry's File Free Memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD