i currenty own an AT&T Bold, but so far i'm not digging all the OS gremlins and apparent defective assembly many people are reporting... i have some friends with 8310's, and 1 with a 8330... and it seems like a dang solid little phone!

basically, i'm still in my first 30 days with AT&T, and i noticed they now carry a blue 8320... anyone have this model? what do you think? should i return the Bold and go Curve? or wait it out for better OS software to become available?
    01-27-09 03:13 AM
    Not to be a Curve hater because I love mine, I have played with a Bold for a few days and I didn't see any of this hiccups that everyone talks about. I mean I'm pretty sure every phone is a little buggy at first even the Curve's were. But I think you should stick with the Bold, I mean it's a bit newer but that's me. But I absolutely love my Curve. I would be stuck between both.
    01-27-09 03:16 AM
    other thoughts?
    01-27-09 03:55 AM
    Love my Curve, but the Bold is pretty amazing. Give it a little more time you can use up most of your 30 days then decide!
    01-27-09 04:10 AM
    If you still have a few weeks left of your thirty days, then I would use a bit more of them (you only get the 30 days once...if you get the curve and decide you want the bold again, you're SOL) but here's my view of the differences:
    Bold: 3g, OS 4.6, it looks like teh sex
    8320: Tried and tested design, most bugs worked out in OSes, some argue a better keyboard, huge aftermarket support.
    01-27-09 11:06 AM
    I'm a Curve lover but the 9000 blows away the 83XX on every level except battery life and maybe overall reliability. Try updating to .210, reports and in my own personal experience an OS update really fixes the Bolds issues.
    01-27-09 11:14 AM
    I currently own AT&T's 8320 and the Bold.
    Speaking from experience after having the Bold for a few months now, I have not had any major problems to speak of.
    I really believe that many of those problems are caused by people experimenting with beta releases of operating systems.
    The 8320 has also been running with no problems either.
    The wifi really improves the browser speed.
    Although the Bold is larger, the display is a big improvement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 11:18 AM
    If you like to send text SMS, stick with Blackberry of all models. Bold is far superior to Curve and capable of more features in the future with subsequent OS upgrades, but Curve for now is more hackable and proven reliable. Since you are an AT&T customer, you don't know how valuable UMA WiFi calling is so I won't talk about it. I do not want to talk about another PDA to those of ATT customer (forgive me because I am in BB forum). That is the iPhone. It is essentially a miniaturized Mac hand held computer. Thousands of applications are written for it. Internet browsing is so superior with touch command zoom action and many more features too long to list. Its memory is internally fused and shared with the OS so the potential number of application that can be loaded is only limited by 8g or 16g depending which model you buy. You can't this about BB. Big drawback: keyboard is touch screen. You cannot operate it like you can with the BB. BB will always be the BB with all the virtues it born with. The iPhone will always be ahead of the pack simply because it is born with the Mac OS X, the best OS available for consumer out there today. Now since you are within 30 days of AT&T contract, can you change your mind and go to another carrier?
    Reason is: in 7 days TMobile will launch The Curve 8900. This is almost the equivalent to Bold minus the 3G. This means you save a little money. Tmobile supports UMA WiFi calling. This means everywhere you can access WiFi you can call without incurring airtime charge.
    Oh, last but not least, The Storm is a joke. Not barely two months in operation, dirt and elements get through the cracks where the clickable screen is suspended. This feature is truly a gimmick.
    BYW, I have all of these phones from the three carriers in my family.
    01-27-09 11:48 AM
    i had the Storm, i hated it...

Also had an iPhone, liked everything EXCEPT the virtual keyboard and the fact 2 burned out on me in under a year...

3G isn't super important to me... but i haven't compared the 2 keyboards yet. The Bold keyboard is a little mushy IMO...

Battery life and solid OS, Build quality are the most important to me...

I'm lucky to get 2 whole days out of the Bold battery... kinda sucks.

How long does the 8320 battery last?
    01-27-09 04:06 PM
    I can cook a Curve battery in a day or it could go three. It all depends on your usage patterns.

I prefer the 83XX keyboard. The Bold feels too much like the 88XX keyboard.

The Curve is 3G.

The iPhone is NOT a mini Mac computer. It is an iPod Touch with a phone & browser added in. It is more of a high-end dumbphone than it is a smartphone.

01-27-09 04:58 PM
    I can cook a Curve battery in a day or it could go three. It all depends on your usage patterns.

I prefer the 83XX keyboard. The Bold feels too much like the 88XX keyboard.

The Curve is 3G.

The iPhone is NOT a mini Mac computer. It is an iPod Touch with a phone & browser added in. It is more of a high-end dumbphone than it is a smartphone.

LOL, the iphone is not a smartphone?

dude you are in lala land. you must not really use your phone for anything but typing away at emails.
    01-27-09 07:35 PM
    Excellent. Thanks, everyone.
    01-27-09 07:59 PM
    Oops, wrong thread. What I meant to say in this thread is that my daughter has a Curve, and I have a Bold and neither of us would trade. She likes the smaller size of the Curve, and I like the capabilities of the Bold. (Not the least of which, it supports DIVX natively, so I can easily download videos for plane trips.)

The only problem I've seen is a defect in the molding of the back cover. It doesn't lock as tight as it should and comes off too easily. I will probably replace it some day.
    01-27-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD