Same thing was happening to me. My phone would shut down after a 5 minute phone call after having been charged all night, and indicating that the battery was full. It wouldn't turn back on until I plugged it into the charger. I bought a new battery, and now there are no problems. So before you start reinstalling all your software, try a new batter. Hope this helps.
    11-13-08 08:40 AM
    I was having the same problem. I got a new battery and it solved the problem.
    11-13-08 10:01 AM
    My 8320 starting the constant reboot a few days ago. I have done the battery pulls and wiped the device and re-installed the OS. Of course I called customer service and they told me to do the things I've already done. I'm waiting to hear about getting a replacement device.
    11-25-08 07:58 PM
    I have the same trouble. Swap battery out of my wife's Curve & mines. My Curve work fine, her (w/ my battery) won't stay on a minute. So, my new battery on the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 09:25 AM
    I just got a new battery this afternoon and so far so good...
    12-26-08 08:50 PM
    New battery was the trick for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 04:49 PM
    I had this SAME problem when i got my replacement phone from Tmo and i figured they probably sent me a jack phone that someone else returned. I got a new battery, completly wiped everything clean, uploaded new software, blah blah blah. Same old thing kept happening. So new curve on the way, hopefully they didnt send me another jacked one, that would be awesome
    01-15-09 03:10 PM
    ugh mine is doing the same thing. Bought a new battery and still does it. Might try another battery though :P
    10-06-09 02:56 PM
    my blackberry 8330 shuts off randomly. it wont be during a call or text, but before i know it i look at my phone and the screen is black. i have to play with the end and send key and even sometimes take out the battery before it turns back on. once i get it on again, an hour glass appears for a while before the phone is fully on. Once its on its completely fine, and it only turns itself off about once a day. right when i think i got through the day without a problem, it turns off again. i tried deleting the facebook app and hope it solves the problem. if it doesnt does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
    10-18-09 07:18 PM
    Hey guys.
    So about 2 weeks ago I've been having some issues with my Curve 8320. I'll be in the middle of a phone call and my Curve will just shut off, even with full connection to my carrier and full battery power. But it doesn't just happen with phone calls I could just have my Curve sitting there and it will randomly shut off and even the battery pull won't turn it back on. I have to hook it up to my charger in order for it to turn back on. I've tried the battery pull, updating my os, deleting everything off my memory card, deleting viigo and opera mini (heard it could cause this problem), wiped handheld, and even left my memory card out while using the phone for a couple days. I still have the same problem occurring... and at this point I don't know what else to do! Now I'm having to use my Pearl 8100 cause I can't use a phone that shuts itself off everytime I'm on a call or just texting.
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Well mine was doing the same thing, and i have the same phone as you, finally i was like dad get me a new ******* phone i hate these junk black berrys so ive had my new phone for almost a year now, and i stopped using my blackberry, i got the blackberry out today to look at it. and i noticed my dad must of forced the back on to the phone and the batter puffed up the battery is like huge.......it literally puffed up. so im guessing that the battery on the black berry 8320 has almost bad batterys when you get the phone..and it just gets worst over time, im taking the battery in to show them, ive never seen anything in my life like this.. ill let you know what i find ouy
    03-03-10 07:58 PM
    I'm sick of this stupid thing shutting off when it says the battery is charged at 85%...WTF?

I just put a new battery in today and it hasn't shut off, but it's draining fast. I don't have anything new on it...but Twitter. I wonder if it's eating up my battery? It didn't before.

It's either Twitter, Facebook (which is the new one) or the new OS I did in January...I've never had a problem until now. Any suggestions?
    03-04-10 06:36 PM
    all right guys. I got it figured out. at lease for my bb curve 8320. here is what it was doing. I bought it used about 6 months ago so an not quite sure how old it actually is but it was in mint condition. The battery was holding a charge for about 3 days then all of the sudden yesterday the problems started. I was talking to someone on about half of a charge and about 10 minutes into the call there was a weird static sound for about 5 seconds like something shorting out and then the phone just turned off. I thought the battery was dead so I charged to full. It did it 3 times in a row after that with conversations ranging from 10 minutes to 30 seconds. The battery was not loose and had great contact. I had even put something at the one end of the battery to make an even tighter conection. When I got to looking at the battery i could see a slight bulge. Bought a new battery, charged it up, and no more problems. I even called someone and let the phone stay connected for 30 minutes just to test it out. I think we are good. I upgraded the software when i first bought the phone, again, about 6 months ago off of T-mobile's website. Not sure the version but I remember it allowed me to capture videos instead of just still shots. Hope this helps and good luck.
    03-15-10 09:22 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD